Info. needed please!

TruKelly

TruKelly what do you want to know, it won't be worth the price, I haven't used that exact machine but metal triples are not worth the price new and often the same is true for used. The machine is made with a solid panel front and metal dividers...servicing, repair & and candy change are a nightmare. The look nice which is really the only upside. What is the cost?

Tough to tell from that pic but it looks like a Seaga triple or a knockoff of the Seaga like a ProLine or V-line. Any of these machines are worth maybe $25 in very good condition.

I'm still trying to figure out my best option on buying a few machines. I want good, but not too expensive. I was hoping that above was a good machine.

If you want "good, but not too expensive" stay away from triples and get yourself a quality single machine.

Recommendations from experienced vendors for quality singles are all over this forum. Pick any of them and you will be fine.

Sherlock,

I agree that single head gumball machines are a good way to start your route but sometimes having a more robust machine like a triple head works much better is a crowded vending location :-). Might be missing out with a single head.

Nope. You don't have to miss a beat if running singles and come across a "crowded vending location".

You just start popping those singles on a rack stand.

Triples are very limited because the right location for a triple has to be a location that's too busy for a single/double but not busy enough for a rack.

I rarely see those niche locations -- and even in a lot of those rare locations, if 3 heads are good, then 2 or 4 heads can be made to work equally well there.

Singles are far more flexible.

Unlike triples, singles can be used on pipe-stands as singles, doubles, or triples AND they can be used on rack stands for 4+ heads in high volume locations.

These are the lessons taught by people that have been in vending longer than a lot of us have been alive.

And this is why you don't see banks of triples at the real good spots...instead, you see racks that include single heads.

these are ok for a cheap Chinese machine.

http://www.gumballs.com/triple-vending-candy-machine.html

139.00 come with candy, toy and gum wheels.

they import parts for them and coin mechs.

most all of their units are Chinese imports.

they have stands and all types of units, single and doubles too.

sams wants 191.00 for this unit and don't stock any parts for it.

I have triples, singles and racks. There is a place for all of them. I agree the metal ones are hard to service. Northwestern triple is a little easier to service. So you may want to try them. If you are gonna get the one pictured I would try and make sure it's a good name brand not some knock off brand. From my experience the mechs don't usually hold up on the cheaper brands.

Archived