Coinco MAG Bill Acceptor Problems

bairdo3

I have a Vendo machine with a Coinco MAG Bill validator that acts up every once in awhile. Occasionally it will take the bill but won't register a credit, also when bills start filling up in acceptor, a bill will sometimes jam or reject the bill. Is it time for a new one or would installing new belts help those issues? Any opinions on issues?

I have a Vendo machine with a Coinco MAG Bill validator that acts up every once in awhile. Occasionally it will take the bill but won't register a credit, also when bills start filling up in acceptor, a bill will sometimes jam or reject the bill. Is it time for a new one or would installing new belts help those issues? Any opinions on issues?

The #1 thing that goes wrong with Coinco validators is the upper sensor (the one you can't clean) gets dirty - the Meis do much better in this regard.

It's probably time to rebuild the validator.  New belts could simply mask an underlying problem that would be take care of in a complete rebuild.  You can PM me if you'd like an exchange bill validator sent out.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums, rightthehand. 

There isn't any calibration that you can do to it so when this situation arises it's time for a rebuild.  If you don't have anyone there to do your rebuilds you can send me a PM and I can ship one to you on an exchange basis.

Archived