No new AA stuff

havending

• 2 weeks later...

Havending, the reason that we do that is to give the first choice to operators who come to the show. Considering the cost to get there and hotel fees, the least we can for them is to secure their orders before opening up the new merchandise to everyone else.

Havending, the reason that we do that is to give the first choice to operators who come to the show. Considering the cost to get there and hotel fees, the least we can for them is to secure their orders before opening up the new merchandise to everyone else.

The first choice goes to the deep pockets

Havending,

Most of my customers that came to the show were at your purchasing level. So that isn't true. However, they see the value of coming to the show and also trying to build their businesses. Granted, it's not a cheap trip at all, and if you can't afford it then that's the way it is. But we do stick to the rules and save the new items for the show's attendees.

That's somewhat true. There are certain items that Service test markets for us. It's a mutually beneficial agreement. I would say it's 1-2 new items out of 10 per 30 days or more. They also have the buying power to get a special mix of something from us. After all, we are in a business for profit. But Fast Track, let me ask a question, when we or another supplier launch a new product are you one of the first in line to get it ? Or do you evaluate it first and decide if it will work in your locations ? Are you comparing the prices to products from other suppliers ? Are you taking a chance and buying a box or two just to put something new in your machines ? So how long should we wait with products on our shelves for you to decide to buy from us ?

Most operators do not buy new products immediately. Actually a lot of them scoff and decide that they do not like that particular product. When in fact they should decide where to place a new item. They forget that they aren't getting this product for themselves, they are providing a service for their customers whose tastes probably greatly differ from theirs. A perfect example was Birthstone Bears. When it was launched, no one had first dibs, and it hardly sold within the first 90 days. Then slowly over the next 6 months, after all of the reps here practically begged our customers to get just1 box, operators began to notice more quarters in those particular machines. Now, Birthstone Bears has been the number one $.50 vend item over a year. It even beat out the NFL products we had during the last 20-30 days of the season. And FYI, on the west coast and the southwest, they are selling for $.075 and $1.00.

So if I were you, the next time you see a new product from us in Service's machines, I'd call your A &A rep and commit to a box every time.

But I'm not suggesting that you over extend yourself either. Just 1 new box of something as a tester. I have a customer who operates outside of Philadelphia, who only bought sports stickers for years. I went after him for weeks until he tried Trendy Nailz tattoos. Now they are his number one flat vend product !

That's somewhat true. There are certain items that Service test markets for us. It's a mutually beneficial agreement. I would say it's 1-2 new items out of 10 per 30 days or more. They also have the buying power to get a special mix of something from us. After all, we are in a business for profit. But Fast Track, let me ask a question, when we or another supplier launch a new product are you one of the first in line to get it ? Or do you evaluate it first and decide if it will work in your locations ? Are you comparing the prices to products from other suppliers ? Are you taking a chance and buying a box or two just to put something new in your machines ? So how long should we wait with products on our shelves for you to decide to buy from us ?

Most operators do not buy new products immediately. Actually a lot of them scoff and decide that they do not like that particular product. When in fact they should decide where to place a new item. They forget that they aren't getting this product for themselves, they are providing a service for their customers whose tastes probably greatly differ from theirs. A perfect example was Birthstone Bears. When it was launched, no one had first dibs, and it hardly sold within the first 90 days. Then slowly over the next 6 months, after all of the reps here practically begged our customers to get just1 box, operators began to notice more quarters in those particular machines. Now, Birthstone Bears has been the number one $.50 vend item over a year. It even beat out the NFL products we had during the last 20-30 days of the season. And FYI, on the west coast and the southwest, they are selling for $.075 and $1.00.

So if I were you, the next time you see a new product from us in Service's machines, I'd call your A &A rep and commit to a box every time.

Great reply there. My AA rep does a good job for me over all. But we have been using smaller suppliers more and more mostly based on price.

Archived