Thermostat

I put a refurbish cooling deck in a DN 180, the deck is for a larger three can machine. It works, but what I'm having the problem is with the setting, If I go over one on setting it will run the temp down till it is way into the twenty degree range in machine. If I put setting between off and one it will cycle off at 35 degrees and run normal. I switched out thermostat thinking a new one will work on the setting of two like the rest of my machines, it does the same thing as the old one. I have to set it between off and one for the deck to cycle off and on.

Is this normal or is there a setting on thermostat I can adjust not to be so sensitive?

:huh:

The normal setting is 3 1/2 and no adjustment should need to be made.  Are you using a standard DN thermostat with a cap tube that's double folded at the end and inserted into a tube behind the evaporator from the right side?  Are either thermostats new?  If you don't have the horizontal tube behind the evaporator then you need a clip-in cap tube that clips into a slot in the evaporator duct at the back of the cabinet.

If you need one I can get it to you.

Thanks for the response AZ

Both thermostats are DN, they clip into the slot in evaporator duct, one came with the machine and the second one is new I had. I'm just scratching my head about this. I will pass by location and double check machine, it work for two days at the house with no problem. Like I said all the other machines work normal with the setting of two.

Make sure you turn the knob counterclockwise to off so you know where zero is, then turn your knob to 3 1/2.  The only fine adjustment is for high elevations so these should work fine for you at sea level.  If you've only been running at 2 on any of your machines you probably aren't cold enough (38-42 deg).

Archived