Which would you buy for $1000?

guile

I have a chance at two seperate deals and I guess I'm looking for some opinions. First, a little background on my situation. I currently have about 20 triples and an 8 Head NW rack. While I am just starting out in this business, I haven't yet placed anything. I'm trying to start with a sold "Base" of equipment while I get my business affairs in order (company name, establishing biz phone #, biz cards, website, forming LLC, etc). I don't want to just "jump" into anything head first and while I am anxious to start, I will wait until everything is in order. Every piece of equipment I purchased can be easily sold (probably at a profit) in the event I find this biz is not for me.

The deal(s).

2 9 Head NW Racks.

The other;

15 Vendmaster Doubles with stands (BRAND NEW, RED)

Personally, I think the doubles would probably better suite me as I'm just starting out. I can think of many places where a double would do better then a triple. Any thoughts/opinions are most welcomed.

Thanks,

g

Guile, if it where me I would pass on BOTH of those options.  Neither one is a very good deal.  However I believe that you are better suited for singles doubles and triples than racks right now.  I would not pay more than $40 ea. for the doubles ($600 total).  If you don't have any placed yet whats the rush on getting more machines?  If you locate yourself you will find it's a tough game to play and locators are about $50+ a location.  I would hang tight untill you come across a GREAT deal.

Just my $0.02

Guile, if it where me I would pass on BOTH of those options.  Neither one is a very good deal.  However I believe that you are better suited for singles doubles and triples than racks right now.  I would not pay more than $40 ea. for the doubles ($600 total).  If you don't have any placed yet whats the rush on getting more machines?  If you locate yourself you will find it's a tough game to play and locators are about $50+ a location.  I would hang tight untill you come across a GREAT deal.

Just my $0.02

It makes sense about rushing to buy more equipment, I'll agree. I felt like I was going to make a fairly minimal investment to start and this aquisition would have made the last. Again, I am still waiting for a few other things to fall into place but...I will take your advice. I did see this post about these particular doubles;

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=1280&forum_id=1&highlight=vendmaster

and assumed it was a fairly good deal. I guess nothing to get too excited about. Thanks a bunch Gabe/Kevin.

g

No prob :)

I've been looking a lot at machines. There are some amazing deals out there. Take the time and you can find "cheap" machines, like Vendstars, for $15-$20 each. You can find "good" machines for $40-$50 each.

I agree with Gabe about locating, though. Your goal should be to place machines. Sitting in your home (or whereever) they are not making money.

That being said I think it's great you are taking this seriously - too few people do. I believe it will make a difference in the amount of money you make.

Good luck!

Kevin

While I do realize the name of the game is buying cheap, I just feel like I want to stay away from Vendstars. I know they can be had for a song but to me, besides their ugliness, I don't want to have to worry about constent problems with them.

I agree that it is not much of a deal. When you are looking you can't seem to find one but when you stop looking that deal seems to drop right in front of you. I had stopped looking and I think I have just found a good local deal. I got a used in real good shape 1-800 for $70 today from a guy that wants to get out due to health reasons. He has 8 more plus parts and spare canisters in his shed. After that he has 35 on location that he is going to start to sell off in small numbers if he can.

Here is what I would do:

1.  2 9-head racks:  Offer $10 head on the 25c vends ($100), $20 on the 50c vends ($160) for each rack (total $520, make it $500 cash even).

2.  15 doubles:  Offer $15-20 head on these since they are brand new ($225 - 300). 

If they take it either of the offers, jump on them, if not, move on and wait for the next deal.  The worst thing you can do when starting is overpay for equipment (especially with no locations to start with).  I wouldn't rule out getting some racks, but you may want to limit your scope to 4-head or 5-head racks for now, you can always get the 2 9-headers and break them down also if they take the deal.

Starting with a double is a good front line entry tactic, with triples and 4-ways ready to go if a spot does well.  Having one or two upgrades ready to go is a good idea.

Joe

why is paying half of new a bad deal?I bought one from that guy on ebay.those machines are 30 inchers btw and not 25.they come with ez pro counters too which makes it a better deal.

all but 1 worked which I never said anything about since he didn`t even mention they came with them.ask him about that.

I originally intended to break it down into 2 smaller racks,but I am going to put it in the pizza shop since it looks nice and relocate the one I have there now.it is only 4 inches wider then the square deal but looks much bigger.

Here is what I would do:

1.  2 9-head racks:  Offer $10 head on the 25c vends ($100), $20 on the 50c vends ($160) for each rack (total $520, make it $500 cash even).

2.  15 doubles:  Offer $15-20 head on these since they are brand new ($225 - 300). 

If they take it either of the offers, jump on them, if not, move on and wait for the next deal.  The worst thing you can do when starting is overpay for equipment (especially with no locations to start with).  I wouldn't rule out getting some racks, but you may want to limit your scope to 4-head or 5-head racks for now, you can always get the 2 9-headers and break them down also if they take the deal.

Starting with a double is a good front line entry tactic, with triples and 4-ways ready to go if a spot does well.  Having one or two upgrades ready to go is a good idea.

Joe

Joe- Thanks for the good advice. Although I also thought it was a decent deal, I decided to pass because honestly, it's not a GREAT deal. The seller won't go any lower then the $500, which he thinks is a pretty great deal. I will probably hold off on any purchases for the short term since I haven't yet placed my machines. I am just about ready to start and have give myself a month to place 25 machines! That is my goal once I get started.

g

Guile,

I think you have made the smart choice. Get your machines out there making money for you as soon as you can, they are of no benefit sitting around getting lazy. You may find you will need to relocate some of them to get decent revenues and that would just make anything else you bought sit around that much longer. Once they are out, just keep an eye on CL and you will find deals that make sense, buy a few, place them, rinse and repeat.

Best of luck, ah hell there ain't no luck in it, it's work my friend.