Are you guys working out of your house?

chad

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started at my house, then went to 3 storage units plus my house and home office..............now I have an industrial unit with a mezzanine and office. I operate several businesses from the one 450 square foot unit plus my home office.   

I've been fortunate enough to never have to keep anything but my office and truck at home. We started out in a one bay warehouse/storage unit with about 900 sq feet and since about 2002 we've been in a former car dealer's body shop with 3 bays 2 storage areas and a/c'd room for pastry & candy, all for the same price I paid in the former place. 

A friend knew the previous owner, who really need an occupant so save on his property insurance so we got in on the cheap. When the property was purchased by the hospital next door, my friend spoke with the administrator (also a friend of his) and he was able to keep the rent the same. We are on the verge of outgoing it but I think I can organize it better and stay longer. I sure hope so because anything else will cost me 5 or 6 times what I'm paying at least!

Archived