Do pretty machines sell more Candy?

dromero

hi,

There are some really ugly looking machines like eagles and there are attractive machines like Beavers. 

Do you agree with me on this?

I was wondering do you think or have experimented with putting an ulgy machine and then a beautiful machine and seen if sales have increased?

Maybe I am wrong but I would hipothesize that prettier machines lure people more and thus candy is sold more.

Who is to say what an "attractive machine" is to your customers?

You can't define what a "beautiful machine" is or what is an "ugly machine" for anyone but yourself.

For example, I own Beavers, Oaks, A&A, Eagle, and Northwestern equipment, and to my eye, Beavers are the ugliest of the bunch despite your finding them to be attractive.

I don't think there's much doubt that if you polled 100 people - Oak and Eagle would receive the fewest votes. But I don't think attractive machines sell more candy. I DO think appearance can sell location owners though.

If you were to define "pretty machine" by condition rather than brand you're on to something. I won't buy a gumball from a rusty dusty paint chipped machine (regardless of the brand) but I might from a clean nice looking machine (regardless of the brand).

I was refering on brand rather than on condition. And yes not 100 percent of people thinks eagles are not attractive, but I dont think 50 percent would rate them beautiful when compared to others.

I actually want to make an experiment to see how changing different brand machines would affect income.

Archived