DN 501e Vending Issue

Hello, I have a DN 501e that takes change and dollar bills just fine, but when you push the selection button instead of vending, it just gives you all your money back. I took the cover off the motors and tripped the switches there and can't get the motors to do anything at all. Can anybody give me advice??

Welcome to the forum!

You should confirm that you have prices saved in the machine.  The other issue could be a blown fuse on the motor side of the logic board.  Does the machine display any messages when the money is returned?  If the motor fuse is blown the machine will scroll Sold Out across the display for all selections you attempt to buy.  If, instead, nothing scrolls on the display and the money is automatically rejected then it could be that the machine is set at zero in the pricing. 

The correct change light will be on either because you don't have 12-15 nickles in it or there is a sensor problem in the nickle tube.  If the machine takes bills that generally means that the nickle tube has enough coins because having no nickles will disable the bill validator.  If, by chance, you have everything priced at $1, the machine may take bills regardless of the nickle inventory level. 

I'm not so sure it's a bad fuse now, as there would be a long delay before anything happened while the machine attempted to vend.  Then you would simply see Sold Out on the display followed by your credit as the machine waits for you to make another selection.  I think you might have a physical issue with your coin return lever inside the door.  It might be pressing down on the coin return lever of the coin mech, causing it to act as though you pressed the coin return yourself and thusly paying back all the credit.  Check the physical coin return linkage for this and if the metal lever is touching the plastic one on the coin mech you need to adjust the metal one or make sure the coin mech is fully seated on the mounting screws and not held too high.  The linkage is adjustable in length with two screws and in it's travel forward and back by a long screw that can adjust the full travel of the lever.  This may be further evidenced by your correct change light being on, as pressing the coin return sometimes triggers that light - I just can't remember if the SIID boards do that.

Checked it out last night, I have the prices set correctly, I emptied the few coins out, and use c-d to run in plenty of quarters, dimes, nickles, .....and tested it out. takes bills and change fine, but when you press the vend buttons, it says " vend" takes a little bit to figure it out ,...and dumps all your money back in change. So I opened the cover over the board and sure enough the center fuse was blown.  

Here is the question, it is a 6 A fuse with a red ring around the middle....is it a special fuse? or is it just a regular 6A fuse? 

Thanks for your help.

With the new fuse the machine vends just fine, but not the coin mech will not take any change...just dumps it out the return as fast as you can put it in.  It is starting to feel like musical chairs on the problem. Any suggestions of what to check???

You might have damaged the board or left a connector loose.  Did anything fall into the changer or are there coins stuck in it?  Pull your harnesses off the board and reseat them with power off.  See if that fixes it.  Does the coin mech have any power?  Can you pay coins out through the logic board?  Some have a front LED but if you give us the model of changer we can tell you how to tell if it has power.

The coin mech is A Mars TRC 6512 MDB. Yes it has a light on the front. It is lit solid which should indicate its ok. It took coins fine before I replaced the fuse. Now it will give you your change back if you pay with bills, but you can't load coins  using c-d, and it won't accept any coins. When you try to feed them in, they just keep on going to the coin return. I tried my best to see if there are any coins stuck in there, and couldn't see any....do I need to take a cover of to see correctly? If so, where is it?  Also, you can push the buttons on the coin mech, and it will pay out coins, so it would seem that it has power. Is there a chance it needs "recalibrated"?

Tip the acceptor forward and pull the cable off the back of it, then lift it off the coin mech.  Shake it to see if any coins are stuck in it.  If not then you need to replace the coin mech.  This could just be a coincidental failure if no coins are stuck.  PM me if you need a coin mech for it.

Archived