Condensor cleaning

I almost have a Vendo 540 ready to go, but the condenser needs cleaning before I send it out. If I pressure wash it, can I do that while it is installed or should I pull the deck out first? Can the wiring in the area handle getting wet?

Also - the package guide on the inner door suggests adding a deflector behind the spacer when moved forward more than about 25% of the way (I assume to prevent excessive air flow past the products). Does anyone use these? Can I skip using them?

Thanks!

I almost have a Vendo 540 ready to go, but the condenser needs cleaning before I send it out. If I pressure wash it, can I do that while it is installed or should I pull the deck out first? Can the wiring in the area handle getting wet?

Also - the package guide on the inner door suggests adding a deflector behind the spacer when moved forward more than about 25% of the way (I assume to prevent excessive air flow past the products). Does anyone use these? Can I skip using them?

Thanks!

You'll get a more thorough result if you pull the whole deck (be careful not to kink any evaporator lines) - takes about 15 minutes.  A pressure washer works best and let everything dry out thoroughly before plugging in - everything down there is made to be exposed to some moisture.

Moondog's method is more thorough, but it can easily be hosed out while in the machine without hurting anything.  Just put a fan on it for a couple of days to dry it out.  The air deflectors aren't too big a deal and since they attach to the backs of the rear spacers they will just hang down if the spacers are pulled forward.  Some machines already have them installed and some had them included in a separate pack, but have probably disappeared by now.  Is there a reason you are moving your spacers forward?  20 oz bottles and cans 3 or 4 deep will put the spacer back quite a ways.  Are you doing the 24 oz bottles? 

Archived