What are these worth?

TyW

Just wondering what you guys think these machines are worth,

50 cent mechs. Vends gumballs or 1 inch capsules. Guy can't tell me a brand. Wants 1000 for 30 machines

a6anysu3.jpge2yze6e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting those labels off the body will be a ton of work.  I just pickup 10 of these with stands for $10 each.  I just wanted to 50 cent mech and the locks which will work on my 1-800's.  You'll need to clean, remove labels and get stands (about $30.00 ea)  So $10 would be my best offer due to the work to get them ready.  I believe these are made LYPC.  They could work for you in some locations that might be low volume. 

Bart

On eBay, 50 cent mech go for up to $36.00;  the chute door $4.95; the locks $12.99 each. So maybe $67.00 for all.

Maybe the gumball wheel could be resold.  Not sure what it fits.

Bart

I bought a number of those machines for around $12 each with pipe stands. They all had 50 cent mechs. I tried using a LYPC 25 cent mech but it wouldnt fit properly. I had originally to vend gumballs from them. I ended up selling most of them on Craigslist for $40-$50 each to folks who mostly wanted them for a "man cave" or as a novelty.

I do have about 20 of them out selling 1" toys at the 50 cents and I havent had any issues thus far. I dont expect them to last more than a couple of years at best BUT they were soooo cheap that I have already done VERY well with them.

If you have the money and dont mind it being tied up for a few months, I would buy them for $20 or less per head. In my area I know that I could get $40-$50 from non vendors to use as a novelty. Beyond that, my nieces and nephews each got 1 to use a piggy bank and my dad modified a couple to vend peanuts in his shop.

My biggest issue with these is that I cant find a 25 cent mech AND removing the labels was a pain. I actually ended up painting them all and they came out really nice.

You mileage may vary so tread lightly. Good luck!

Archived