Bill validator cleaning card

Hello everyone,

I like you to get your opinion on bill validator cleaning card.  Does it work?  I have a machine with Magpro 50b.  it is starting to have trouble reading bills.  Most of the time it will just reject bills even with new bills.   But it is still able to accept bills from time to time and credits it.  I was thinking of getting some bill validator cleaning card to clean it.  Is there a better way to clean a bill validator? or do I have a different problem?  Thank you

As I have mentioned many times the cleaning cards will not fix a validator, only mask an underlying issue.  If you have exposed the bill path and cleaned the sensors with a clean cloth and you still have rejected bills, errors or only sporadic acceptance, it means it's time to rebuild the validator.  The cleaning cards are a panacea that will not correct weak and worn belts, tuning issues, electronic issues, etc. 

So by saying this, I recommend you clean the sensors with a dry cloth and then if you still have issues you must replace the validator.

Hello everyone,

I like you to get your opinion on bill validator cleaning card.  Does it work?  I have a machine with Magpro 50b.  it is starting to have trouble reading bills.  Most of the time it will just reject bills even with new bills.   But it is still able to accept bills from time to time and credits it.  I was thinking of getting some bill validator cleaning card to clean it.  Is there a better way to clean a bill validator? or do I have a different problem?  Thank you

I've never had much luck with the cleaning cards and I've used the Magic Stripes which are supposed to be the best.  Your best bet is to clean the lower sensors with a dry cloth.  There is a square button on the bottom that will release the lower part of the mech so you can access these three sensors (pull hard).  Unfortunately, there is also an upper sensor which you can't access without taking the whole unit apart.  If cleaning the lower sensors doesn't work, I'd suggest swapping it out for a rebuild.  The Coinco mechs will not hold up well in dusty environments - if this is your situation, you're better off going to an Mei 2500 series and don;t forget to add the proper harness.

Thank you for the tip.  I will try it with a dry cloth

As I have mentioned many times the cleaning cards will not fix a validator, only mask an underlying issue.  If you have exposed the bill path and cleaned the sensors with a clean cloth and you still have rejected bills, errors or only sporadic acceptance, it means it's time to rebuild the validator.  The cleaning cards are a panacea that will not correct weak and worn belts, tuning issues, electronic issues, etc. 

So by saying this, I recommend you clean the sensors with a dry cloth and then if you still have issues you must replace the validator.

I've never had much luck with the cleaning cards and I've used the Magic Stripes which are supposed to be the best.  Your best bet is to clean the lower sensors with a dry cloth.  There is a square button on the bottom that will release the lower part of the mech so you can access these three sensors (pull hard).  Unfortunately, there is also an upper sensor which you can't access without taking the whole unit apart.  If cleaning the lower sensors doesn't work, I'd suggest swapping it out for a rebuild.  The Coinco mechs will not hold up well in dusty environments - if this is your situation, you're better off going to an Mei 2500 series and don;t forget to add the proper harness.

Hello everyone,

I tried to clean it with a dry cloth and it was still doing the same thing.  so I put in the spare that I have and the machine still has trouble taking a bill.  Is there any other components that could have caused the problem?  thanks

As long as the validators have power and attempt to take a bill, whether they accept the bill or not, then the machine is working properly and both validators need to be rebuilt.

Send me a PM if you need an exchange sent to you.

this is my last ditch effort tip, If this does not work its time to rebuild or replace

Take it apart and clean all the sensors and surfaces the bill touches with 90% rubbing alcohol

Drug stores are about the only place you can find 90%, Most the stuff in grocery stores is 70% and will leave a little bit of a film

Then use a small piece of emery cloth and rough up the belts a little, just enough to make the belt a little rough to grab the bill.

I have brought a few back from the dead this way but if its too far gone then its rebuild time.

You might be able to at least buy some time with it 

Archived