Future Bulk Vending Products

Vis4Vending

Like most businesses, the products we sell today will probably not be the same in the future. I know that some food products have been around for a long time. Gumballs for example. However, government regulations, changing consumer demands, culture demographic differences, and other influences will prompt us to sell different bulk products. Many of us would rather sell different products than to pull our machines or shutdown our business. So the request I am making for this topic is for some "out of the box" creativity of what bulk vendors might be selling in the future. Bulk vendors do have some advantages in that we can put items into round capsules for vending, change the coin mechanism, etc...

A good example would be to vend more sugar free food products. I know some on this Board would not even like to discuss healthy products (actually I do not myself) but the day will come when we will not be able to avoid it any longer. Another thought is what can be enclosed in the small capsules that is not being sold today and yet have a high profit margin.

Feel free to think out-loud and share no matter how far-fetched it may be and who knows what profitable ideas may come out of this. Thanks.

I see some more targeted products, for example if you live in NY then a flat machine selling all Yankees, Giants, Jets, Rangers stuff. No supplier offers that (at reasonable prices) yet, but I think they will.

Tell your A & A salesperson they need to do that.  Several years ago A & A did NFL tats for the specific teams.  You had to pre order and I then when they came in they charged you and sent you the tats.  I ordered I think 10 boxes for my local team and they sold great.  I've asked my A & A salesperson why they have not done that again.  She said they took the preorders and then when the tats came in a bunch of people changed their minds and A & A got stuck with a bunch of tats.  I told her to make everyone pre pay.  I would like to see them or another supplier do that I'd order more straight Saints tats if a supplier offered them.

I like the new benchmark kentic

I do not like it ... they did not take lessons from history...

Oscars wild ride would jam up IF a gumball was irregular in roundness and be down till next service cycle.

Oscars wild ride  Version 2 they fixed that by using a marble to go threw the track maze and it gave out a gumball normally.

Wowie Zowie.. or others like it.. same problem.

the corkscrew would -still does   chew up warm gum  or it will crush gum. or even jawbreakers get jammed up.

A marble or pinball would have prevented all these problems 

Because Even if the marble or pinball gets stuck or jammed the customer still gets a gumball..  so they don't complain they got cheated.

So looking at the benchmark one they are betting the gumball will make the whole trip.

I see problems there... the should have copied the lessons learned from oscars wild ride 2...

bill

I do not like it ... they did not take lessons from history...

Oscars wild ride would jam up IF a gumball was irregular in roundness and be down till next service cycle.

Oscars wild ride Version 2 they fixed that by using a marble to go threw the track maze and it gave out a gumball normally.

Wowie Zowie.. or others like it.. same problem.

the corkscrew would -still does chew up warm gum or it will crush gum. or even jawbreakers get jammed up.

A marble or pinball would have prevented all these problems

Because Even if the marble or pinball gets stuck or jammed the customer still gets a gumball.. so they don't complain they got cheated.

So looking at the benchmark one they are betting the gumball will make the whole trip.

I see problems there... the should have copied the lessons learned from oscars wild ride 2...

bill

You have a point. The draw back I did see was the capacity it only holds one case. I would want it to sell through more than that in a cycle.

Archived