Just Starting

I'm in college. A friend came over after his last final. I was done with all my finals when he came.

We sit down and think of ways to make money. I have been wanting to get into the vending business for months. For the last week I have been eyeing a machine on craigslist that is a few miles from my home. 

We email the poster, and a near immediate response is delivered with his phone number. I text the number, and in 30 minutes we are testing the machine out. The machine is a Royal RVCC-804-9S. 

It has not been used for years so it was very dusty. We split $500 for the machine after learning that it vends properly, turns on, takes dimes, quarters and nickels and dollars - it provides correct change as well.

That was Wednesday. Wednesday night we hired a locator I found on backpage to find us locations nearby. He has found two prime locations so far which I checked out today. He will finish up the contract work with them the coming week. 

I take a trip out to the locations to view them and they are better than I thought they would be. 

While I was at the prospective locations, it was close to another coke machine I saw on craigslist for $500. It was a Royal GIII from what I can tell. I started to test the machine with the owner. It took a dollar, quarters, dispensed a few drinks, but then the dollar accepter stopped working and the coins were being rejected and going straight to the change slot. 

I tell him that we will be in touch soon after figuring out the problem. Do you know what the problem could be? CoinCo USQ-G702 is the coin accepter (Quantum 700 Series) Model No BA308. 

The bill accepter is a Intellevend2000. It didn't sense the dollars anymore. 

So I leave the vending machine owners house, have dinner. I go back to the machine we purchased Wednesday, clean the dust, the compressor, and get it as clean as I can. I have the machine plugged in, and will see tomorrow morning if the refrigeration doesn't work, how much should I expect to pay to fix it? What is the cost for the part and the cost for labor?

Any advice in general? The locations are senior apartments with game rooms, community kitchens, and pools. We intend to go to the local WalMart about a mile away from the two complexes, stock up on cans, and fill the machines and charge $1 per can. Advice and tips are appreciated and read with an open mind!

Thanks!

Welcome!

I suggest reading back posts on this forum first

The bill Val is a ba30 , not intellevend

That was just a marketing thing by coke in the surrounding plastic

For any refrig issues best option is a refrig certified vend tech, if one is available in your area

Otherwise, a refrig cetified appliance tech will do

Also only fill a 24 pack in the machine at first- you don't want to fill th machine up completely and find that the location is a due and be stuck with 804 sodas

I'm in college. A friend came over after his last final. I was done with all my finals when he came.

We sit down and think of ways to make money. I have been wanting to get into the vending business for months. For the last week I have been eyeing a machine on craigslist that is a few miles from my home. 

We email the poster, and a near immediate response is delivered with his phone number. I text the number, and in 30 minutes we are testing the machine out. The machine is a Royal RVCC-804-9S. 

It has not been used for years so it was very dusty. We split $500 for the machine after learning that it vends properly, turns on, takes dimes, quarters and nickels and dollars - it provides correct change as well.

That was Wednesday. Wednesday night we hired a locator I found on backpage to find us locations nearby. He has found two prime locations so far which I checked out today. He will finish up the contract work with them the coming week. 

I take a trip out to the locations to view them and they are better than I thought they would be. 

While I was at the prospective locations, it was close to another coke machine I saw on craigslist for $500. It was a Royal GIII from what I can tell. I started to test the machine with the owner. It took a dollar, quarters, dispensed a few drinks, but then the dollar accepter stopped working and the coins were being rejected and going straight to the change slot. 

I tell him that we will be in touch soon after figuring out the problem. Do you know what the problem could be? CoinCo USQ-G702 is the coin accepter (Quantum 700 Series) Model No BA308. 

The bill accepter is a Intellevend2000. It didn't sense the dollars anymore. 

So I leave the vending machine owners house, have dinner. I go back to the machine we purchased Wednesday, clean the dust, the compressor, and get it as clean as I can. I have the machine plugged in, and will see tomorrow morning if the refrigeration doesn't work, how much should I expect to pay to fix it? What is the cost for the part and the cost for labor?

Any advice in general? The locations are senior apartments with game rooms, community kitchens, and pools. We intend to go to the local WalMart about a mile away from the two complexes, stock up on cans, and fill the machines and charge $1 per can. Advice and tips are appreciated and read with an open mind!

Thanks!

The Royal G111's are my favorite machine - you can find a manual on Royal's website which you'll need to read as this machine will require that you use "space to sales" which allows you to run multiple columns on one selection.  That's why you have 12 columns with only 9 selections, three selections, your hottest sellers will be assigned 2 columns.  What I like best about these machines is the capacity.  A machine this big might allow you to only fill it once a month.  The Royals are very rugged and seldom have problems.

The problem you're describing could be one of three things, when the coin mech gets too low the bill accepter will stop working as the machine can't give change,  the acceptor gate on the coin mech may be stuck open which allows the coins to pass straight through or the machine may just need a rebuilt coin mech.  Like orsd says, be careful about overstocking before you figure out what they'll buy - that machine holds a lot of 12 oz cans and be aware that diet sodas only have a two month shelf life so be extra careful about overstocking those.  you may find that your best customers in these accounts will be the staff rather than the residents.

To buy machines and build a route this way is the best and most profitable. It is also serious sweat equity to work out all the bugs and do it yourself repairs.  Never be tempted to pay more for a machine than your first instinct.  PAY LESS than your first instinctual price.  

Archived