How accurate is the $7 per head per month average?

Zeusophobia

I have two machines in what I thought would be poor locations and they're both doing a lot better than this $7 per head average that keeps being thrown around.

I know that machines vary widely, but you'd think a gumball machine in a scientific lab with 11 people and no walk in customers would be doing less than average.

If this is your first month there, wait awhile, you'll long for that $7 a month average.

I agree.

The novelty will wear off soon enough and you will see a decline in quarters.

To answer your question....$7 is very outdated IMO.

If a head is only doing $7 per month AVERAGE, that means there are months that it does less than $7.

THAT is waaaay to low.

7$ a average mech is not good in my opinion. I would be bankrupt at that gross amount. I really think 15 to 20 is more accurate number for a four week cycle expectations. I've pulled racks at 10$ mech averages because of hard to deal with owners and out of the way spots. Be selective with your equipment and don't be afraid to pull.

Thanks for clearing this up guys. I don't think I worded my question correctly, even though you've all answered it regardless.

I am making WAY more than $7 a head in locations that I thought would be crap. I read some old threads and when I bought the machines I was expecting to average at $7 per head.

I was just really confused as to why the crap locations are doing better than average, but according to you guys they're doing average, which makes more sense to me.

Because its not a crap location. You you cant pre-judge these spots, you never really know how good they will do. I have had locations that I didnt even want to put machine in turn out to be great money makers.

Traffic volume is a good indication of potential but the truth is you can have 1 or 2 employees who like candy and gum at a location with no traffic that can make that location successful.

Is the 7 USD an average the total amount of money you pick up? Or the net profit you pick up?? In both cases I think its pretty lame I wouldnt settle for anything less than 15 USD NET INCOME!!! and I am from a third world country lol.

Archived