quantum 700 series coin mech

So I have my $5 bill acceptor installed, have installed a quantum 700 coin mech.  Everytime I put my $5 bill in to the acceptor I get use correct change on my display.  If I use a coinco pro 3 tube mech I have no problems.

I have filled all 4 tubes of the quantum and set the levels.  It accepts the coins and vends and gives change.

Also when using the coin payout on the machine I cannot get the 4th tube to empty.  Am I doing something wrong?

I have looked at all the manuals and cannot seem to find any programing instructions.

The machine is a vendo univendor with a vec 5.1 board.

I have spent the morning trying to sort this, any help would be most welcome.

Thankyou

If you don't have a dollar coin tube then the logic board will only see and pay Q, N, D and the coin mech probably defaults to the primary Q tube for that payout command from the board.  If you do have a dollar coin tube and your mech will actually put dollar coins into the tube and not into the coin box then your dollar payout command from the board should work.  If it doesn't then you might have a faulty coin mech.  There are four buttons on the flight deck lid that will manually pay coins from your tubes so you can test the fourth tube that way if you only have the 3 denominations.

Will the machine accept multiple bills up to the highest vend price?  If not then go into the OPTS menu and press select button 1 (Bill Handling) to see it's value.  You want to see a 1 for that option so press selection button 1 until the display shows a 1.  Now press select button 2 (Correct Change Acceptance) and set it to 2.  These two setting together will enable multiple bill acceptance.  Now make 4 purchases with coins only, then try multiple bills.  The 4 coin vends are to ensure the coin mech reports that it has sufficient change. 

The key to $5 acceptance is that the coin mech has to report to the board that is has full tubes.  The only wan to accomplish that in this machine is to make purchases with coins that top the tubes and deflect coins to the coin box.  Until that happens for all your tubes the coin mech might not report full tubes, it will only report that the lower sensors are satisfied.

Unfortunately there is no "Tube Fill" program in this logic board so that you can force the board to count the coin inventory numbers.  Therefore the board's performance is based only on the change levels reported by the coin mech.  If your coin mech won't communicate correctly with the board so that 5's are enabled then you will need to use a different mech.  I have run across this problem with the 5.1 and 5.2 boards before and found that a 3 tube mech will always work.  You might also try a VN4000 4 tube mech or even a CF7512 if you need more change capacity, but I have also had communication issues between a 5.1 board and the CF7512.  I think that mech is too advanced for this machine.

Thankyou so much AZ Vendor!  I will give this a go and let you know how I get on, I tried to manually load the mech but I guess that operation is only for a single price machine!

Archived