crane/GPL 160. One shelf will not vend and 6 items on another shelf.

Hi. New to form. I have a GPL 160. One whole shelf will not vend each item states make another selection. On another shelf 6 items do not vend but the last 2 on the right vend. Harnesses seems to be plugged in. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with the machine or what I might be able to check. Thank you for your help. Mark

Sounds like your tray harness may have had some wires pulled loose. Turn the machine off, unplug the tray harness from the tray board on the right hand side rail for the shelf you are have the issue with. Inspect that none of the wires have pulled out of the connector. If so you can try to repair the connection or replace the harness. Good luck with that.

This might also be a bad board. That generation of machines had board problems where sporadic selections would stop working. If you don't find the problems on your actual shelf components or the harnesses then you'll probably need a new logic board.

Chris,cvending,azvendor. Thank you for your reply and help. I have looked at the harness and connectors and they seem to be intact so maybe it's my board. I will try the 1-800 first before I order the board.

Thank you for your help.

Mark

Mark, also try swapping shelf positions and see if the problem stays with the shelf or transfers to the replaced shelf. If all of tray C does not work, swap it with tray D and then see what happens. If it follows the shelf I would think it to be a harness issue.

Archived