Is it possible to over saturate a city to the point where you can't locate new machines?

Zeusophobia

Let's take one of those big vendors who has 50,000 machines. At what point is it likely they had to  go to a completely new county? I know this can't be an exact number, but is it something like 5,000 machines, or more like 20,000?

The reason I asked is because after going down the main street in the city I am in, I had a 25% success rate. It seems with this type of success rate, I could eventually stall out and need to expand into other cities. Furthermore, down the road my goal is to turn it into a larger business with employees, and was wondering if that means I will eventually over saturate everything within driving distance.

I know it's a pretty pie in the sky goal, but I'm sure the guys who have done it had to start where I am.

You can always expand to games, amusement, and so on. If a place doesn't want a gb machine, go back later and put an honor box. After you've saturated like you suggested, you go to the next town and do the same and expand out in each direction. Set up routes so that you make a whole day (however you want it to be) as a route. Then you expand as needed. 

There is a company that is in my area that is in at least 5 states that I know of, but his machines aren't very well taken care of. If you want to expand, make sure that your employees are just as picky and anal as you are. It's better to pay them for the extra time to clean up and repair equipment than lil guys like me taking the locations all over.

Quality over quantity is my opinion.

First, your 25% placement rate is great, mine is 1 yes in 15 +/- depending on area.

You can get an idea of saturation by using Manta.com, it will show how many businesses in your area by category. Knock out 1/3 for corporate or franchises that dont allow vending and plug in placement rate into the others per category.

Also consider businesses open all the time, keep an eye on legal notices in your area.

businesses for bulk will always be there, especially if you just running singles or doubles.. As one biz opens one closes or in this economy we have now one opens and 3 closes.. 

the opinion of "quality over quantity" then you can never put distance from homebase as variable..  your never gonna get the quality if you don't put miles on your tires..

the locations in bulk break down like A,B,C locations of value.. Whenever you get a A location you should fill it to the max with everything you can as the A locations will get hammered constantly by experienced vendors.. In bulk i would say 90% of the A locations are gonna be restaurants also. So how many restaurants are in the towns your wanting? I myself just locate Restaurants, Grocery stores, laundries,entertainment places(bowling,FEC's etc) and then goto next town in line with my route..Later on when i have the money or get a deal on a warehouse full of used equipment etc. i would fill in all the junk stops like car lots, warehouse businesses,hardware stores etc...Been a long time but I think the formula still holds true.

I used to plan my routes where i could be home at night, like spokes on a wheel.. every month i would do the A locations and half the B locations and a Third of the C locations.. So every three months they all got serviced,, Or about 10 A stops, 10 b stops, 10 C stops in that days service(more normally but just for easy math's sake).. 

I don't like loops or circles for my routes(looking at a map folks) as i have a lot of stops that may open late or close early and the spoke on wheel method i could have more routes out on my map and it took the opening closing times into consideration..

Its been along time since i just did bulk so now its hard for me to fathom the  reasoning i had for just doing bulk back in the beginning..But at the time when i was just doing bulk its all i could see myself ever doing! I would lay awake dreaming the math numbers of thousands of machines making 10-15 bucks a month and how i could manage it etc.  I guess the first time i opened a pusher and it had $500 in it for one week with no product cost my whole outlook got changed!! lol

businesses for bulk will always be there, especially if you just running singles or doubles.. As one biz opens one closes or in this economy we have now one opens and 3 closes.. 

the opinion of "quality over quantity" then you can never put distance from homebase as variable..  your never gonna get the quality if you don't put miles on your tires..

the locations in bulk break down like A,B,C locations of value.. Whenever you get a A location you should fill it to the max with everything you can as the A locations will get hammered constantly by experienced vendors.. In bulk i would say 90% of the A locations are gonna be restaurants also. So how many restaurants are in the towns your wanting? I myself just locate Restaurants, Grocery stores, laundries,entertainment places(bowling,FEC's etc) and then goto next town in line with my route..Later on when i have the money or get a deal on a warehouse full of used equipment etc. i would fill in all the junk stops like car lots, warehouse businesses,hardware stores etc...Been a long time but I think the formula still holds true.

I used to plan my routes where i could be home at night, like spokes on a wheel.. every month i would do the A locations and half the B locations and a Third of the C locations.. So every three months they all got serviced,, Or about 10 A stops, 10 b stops, 10 C stops in that days service(more normally but just for easy math's sake).. 

I don't like loops or circles for my routes(looking at a map folks) as i have a lot of stops that may open late or close early and the spoke on wheel method i could have more routes out on my map and it took the opening closing times into consideration..

Its been along time since i just did bulk so now its hard for me to fathom the  reasoning i had for just doing bulk back in the beginning..But at the time when i was just doing bulk its all i could see myself ever doing! I would lay awake dreaming the math numbers of thousands of machines making 10-15 bucks a month and how i could manage it etc.  I guess the first time i opened a pusher and it had $500 in it for one week with no product cost my whole outlook got changed!! lol

I like that spoke on a wheel route.  That's some good advice.  Most of mine are on a loop style but I'm going to work on changing that.

Archived