Vendo 720 Live Display Settings

2dudes

Can someone help me out with the shim, clip and gauge bar setting for the following:

20 oz Poland Spring (only doing half stack)

20 oz Gatorade

16 oz Arizona Green Tea (wide mouth similar to Gatorade bottle)

12 oz Can soda

20 oz Snapple Plastic

The machine already has several black clips so if those could be used at all that advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Here is a list of the things that you have to change on a Vendo to vend different sized product:

1 ) The back spacer. ( The bar in the back of each column that prevents you from going any deeper than a certain point. ) It must be deep enough to fully contain the products without them buckling, and it must have enough room to push the sold out paddle. ( The sold out paddle is a bit of a misnomer. It should be named the Not Sold Out Paddle. ) 

2 ) The shims in the side of the column. Smaller diameter products like cans need to be restricted, so they can't fall down two columns at a time, or they'll jam every time. This is a very important piece, to vend smaller diameter products you will NEED the shims.

3 ) The motor stop positions. The motors have little numbers embossed on them, telling you how many individual products belong in each layer of products. This can be adjusted based on sales. I've set up some slow machines to be one product deep.

4 ) The gauge bar. This is the piece that the black clips attach to. ( Actually, there are a number of different clips that can attach to vend different sized products. ) Furthermore, the hole the gauge bar should go in is different for some products. The gauge bars do bend over time, when you're pulling them out look them over carefully for bendyness.

I'm not certain there is a quick and easy answer to some of your questions. 

The 12oz can is easy. (4) Two white clips on the gauge bar ( and in the middle position ) , (2) shim in the side of the column. (3) Motor on 3, usually. 

20oz Gatorade can be tricky. I've cleared more Gatorade jams than any other product. (2) No side shim. (3) Motor on two, unless you want to go only one deep. ( Might jam less. ) (4) Not sure on the gauge bar.

The others might require a bit of experimentation. Different products come in different sized packages in different parts of the country.

Here is a general guide from Vendo. ( https://www.dsvendinginc.com/pdf-manuals/v24.pdf ) I NEVER recommend going four deep on cans. *( If that option is even available on your vendor. )*

For the Poland Springs 16.0 oz  2 deep:  White clips in gage bar positions 1 and 2, Grey sleeve clip in postion 5. Motor cam set to two notches. Rear spacer in position 11. Gage bar in postion 1. Can shim on right side of column.

For 20 oz Gatorade:  Grey clip in gage bar position 1 (can use a black clip), no side shims, motor cam set to two notches, rear spacer set to position 12, gage bar in position 1.

For 16 oz Arizona Tea:  Use the Poland Springs settings and adjust the rear spacer so that you can fit your finger between the butt of the front bottle and the depressed sold out paddle when the bottles are pushed against the rear spacer.

For 12 oz can:

3 deep:  White clips in gage bar positions 1 and 2, can shim on right side, motor cam set to three notches, rear spacer set to position 11, gage bar in position 2.

4 deep:  White clips in gage bar positions 1 and 2, grey sleeve clip in position 5 and large black clip in position 0. Can shim on right side. Motor cam set to 4 notches. Rear spacer set to position 19. Gage bar in position 1.

For 20 oz Snapple:  Grey clip in gage bar position 1 (can use black clip), no side shim, motor cam set to two notches, rear spacer set to position 13 and gage bar in position 1.

If you need any of the above parts you can PM me as I have all of them in stock.

Nestle waters doesn't give any setting for the 20 oz bottle so you will need to McGyver it.  I would try no side shim, 2 notches on the motor cam, and one black clip on gage bar position 1 and the gage bar in position one.  The rear spacer will be up to you.  If this is a problematic set up then go to one deep where you might have to use the gage bar in position 1 or 2.  The 20 oz bottles from Poland Spring are likely to be too soft.

There should be a partial setup guide on your inner door to refer to, but looking at the front half of the gage bar that is shorter and counting from the high part toward the front, the spaces go 1, 2, 3, and 4.  On the rear half (taller) of the gage bar the space closest to the front is 5 and the rear spot is 0.

Archived