Decrease Energy Drink Price?

I have had my soda machine in place for 8 months now. I have the soda cans priced at $1, the gatorade at $1.50 and energy drinks at $2.50. I am going to reduce the amount of gatorade sold and replace with the Monster White. The reason being is that the company offers free gatorade in the form of a mix with water. Although they do sell. So I am going to keep fruit punch in there.

My question is, should I decrease my price for energy drinks to $2.00? Most of the guys that work here drink them but bring their own because they can get a better price and th C-store before coming to work. What do you price you Energy drinks for? I currently sell Monster, Rockstar and Monster Absolute Zero.

Thanks for the help

Jon

I have had my soda machine in place for 8 months now. I have the soda cans priced at $1, the gatorade at $1.50 and energy drinks at $2.50. I am going to reduce the amount of gatorade sold and replace with the Monster White. The reason being is that the company offers free gatorade in the form of a mix with water. Although they do sell. So I am going to keep fruit punch in there.

My question is, should I decrease my price for energy drinks to $2.00? Most of the guys that work here drink them but bring their own because they can get a better price and th C-store before coming to work. What do you price you Energy drinks for? I currently sell Monster, Rockstar and Monster Absolute Zero.

Thanks for the help

Jon

I've been at $2 forever and I sell a lot of Monsters.  My customers know my price is low and they'd rather buy a cold one from me than get two warm ones for $3 and hope somebody doesn't snag them out of the refrigerator.  I make 60 cents a can which is a lot more than I make on the 12 oz cans.  I think your overall profit is more important than maintaining high margins.  Just remember. once you make this change it will take a while to catch on so don't be discouraged if your sales don't double the first week.

Thanks Moondog. I will make .75 a can by reducing to $2.00. I also work where my vending machine is so the word will get out quicker :) When I put it in I figured it would always be easier to reduce the price rather than increase it.

I have been selling monster for $2.50 and have had no issues selling them.  I definitely do not compete with cstores and I make sure people know that they are purchasing a service and they are purchasing convenience by not having to walk or drive to the store.

Archived