Touch Screen Games

shvend

Anyone have any dealings with the countertop touch screen games.  I have looked online and have found several different ones.  And I was wanting to get some opinions.  Are they worth the money?And How much service is involved with them as far as the software?

since everyone is going with the flatscreens the regular countertops are getting cheaper and easier to find.Merit is the brand to buy.I only have 5 of this type rangeing from very old to more recent software/ models.the newer do better of course but the location as usual is key.to the best of my knowledge updates are available for most models, with only 1 update until moveing on to a differant "newer and better" model.for example there is a jade which can be updated to a jade 2.

I am not sure when they started yearwise but make sure you get the models with a hard drive.

I have switched around 3 of my machines to give that location a "new " machine and that helped sales a bit.

get the machines that have the coin mech and dollar bill validator.

I have a sixth machine that had the monitor go out which is a major espense,and I don`t think I could replace it on my own,otherwise they seem easy to fix/replace parts.

I had to replace the touchscreen on one machine that some moran broke and it was easy,luckily the monitor under it wasn`t affected.

the only down falls are that you have to give 50 percent comission unless you can get away for less.I can`t but I split the cost of the stickers needed on them to make them legal,$$30 each machine adds up quick.

they are heavy and awkward to carry if you dont have help

edit:get shipping insurance .

I think the update is a cd you put in and it updates itself,but I`m not sure,I have not updated any megatouches.the newer machines have a drive though thats for sure

the guy that had a juke box and video game in my pizzeria would come every 3-4 months to collect,I do every 2 because one location is really hard on the machines and they are local only blocks away.

he would only change the game after I`d ask for a differant one so I would think it will be a while before you need to upgrade,ecspecially if there hasn`t ever been a game in there.

I have had my game route 4 less then my candy, but thats my experiance with these games, some of it learned from the local video game operator.

I will help u in any way I can and if u have questions plz ask them,I would be happy to answer or maybe even chat about it.

since everyone is going with the flatscreens the regular countertops are getting cheaper and easier to find.Merit is the brand to buy.I only have 5 of this type rangeing from very old to more recent software/ models.the newer do better of course but the location as usual is key.to the best of my knowledge updates are available for most models, with only 1 update until moveing on to a differant "newer and better" model.for example there is a jade which can be updated to a jade 2.

I am not sure when they started yearwise but make sure you get the models with a hard drive.

I have switched around 3 of my machines to give that location a "new " machine and that helped sales a bit.

get the machines that have the coin mech and dollar bill validator.

I have a sixth machine that had the monitor go out which is a major espense,and I don`t think I could replace it on my own,otherwise they seem easy to fix/replace parts.

I had to replace the touchscreen on one machine that some moran broke and it was easy,luckily the monitor under it wasn`t affected.

the only down falls are that you have to give 50 percent comission unless you can get away for less.I can`t but I split the cost of the stickers needed on them to make them legal,$$30 each machine adds up quick.

they are heavy and awkward to carry if you dont have help

edit:get shipping insurance .

Ah, there IS somebody here who has experience with these!

I purchased a used Saphire for $450 but I haven't placed it because I'm not legal yet.  I am told by the seller that I need to buy a yearly business license from the state for $200 (which would be good for all video games) and a 3 yearly stickers per machine (1 from the state for $60, 1 from the county for $15 and one from the city for $15).  Since they expire on 12/31, I don't want to buy them until I can get the for 2009.  So I really can't place it until january.

Funny thing tho, I was at a local skating rink that had a arcade; it had many machines and none of them had current stickers.  None was newer than 2004 and some were as old as 1999.  What would happen if I place a machine and I wasn't legal?

In Illinois I know they confiscate the machine and possibly a fine too.It doesn`t seem that vending is policed very much around here.

I put my stickers on a month late and nothing hapened.imo they watch more how many stickers you buy and match with what was bought the year before,if that.

You might check and see if there is a reward for turning in machines without stickers. I have seen those here on machines telling people to call if they see a machine without one. It might pay for your stickers at least.

You might check and see if there is a reward for turning in machines without stickers. I have seen those here on machines telling people to call if they see a machine without one. It might pay for your stickers at least.

That's interesting.  I can see an individual vendor offering a reward so that he can eliminate the competition and find a new location to place some of his machines, but I can't see the government offering such a deal.

Maybe I should offer a such a thing when I put my vid machines out: "REWARD for information regarding unlicensed video games.  visit www.myvendingwebsite.com for more details."

I will keep that option open,but for now my aproach is live and let live.

in the end the state only would win after they confiscate some other vendors machine that is just trying to feed his family.

some know what its like to get a machine stolen,and this would be the same feeling imo.

also who is to say he didnt have the sticker and will put it on on his next service cycle.

also it seems that these type of vendors around here in Illinois  at least kinda look out for each other.all types of machines can be purchased on ebay,but when I tried to buy them from companies in the area they wouldn`t sell to me.I had a really tough time getting a pool table that wasn`t  on ebay.finally another vendor with legal probloms sold me some machines,probably only out of desperation.

other vendors wouldn`t sell to me so they wouldn`t be steppinbg on the local guys toes.

like I said, I have a Saphire.  If you had a similar machine, how much would you be happy with taking in every month, gross, net, etc.  I want to be able to judge what is a good location and what isn't.

I noticed on thing when filling out the forms for the county licensing; they want to know the name and address of the location where the machine is going to be placed.  Does that mean I have to secure the location before I get the license and then place it once I have the license, or can I place the unit there and just wait until the stickers come in before I place them on the machine?

I`m not sure,the first machines I bought were located already.

In Illinois the stickers go from/expire july 31 for the year is it the same in other states?

I located my other megatouches then went and got stcikers right away.

I am remembering an incident with the state worker now and I think you have to have the location first.I had went and got licenses for my already located machines and went back the following week for another new location I had forgottento buy for,I asked for an extra but he didnt want to sell me an extra one at first,but in the end did reluctantly.

this year I did it all online,and no wasteing time with the morons working for the state.:)

• 3 weeks later...