New member could use some tech support

rjh914

Hello!

I was very happy to find this web site.  Been in the vending biz for 8 years and love it.  So far I have not had to call a repair man, but I am stumped on this one.

I installed an old Vendo 312 on location.  All selections priced at 65 cents.  I was told that someone put 75 cents in, received a soda, and the machine returned 75 cents as well.  The problem is intermittent.  I went to test it and ran combinations of bills and coins through it flawlessly.  Stopped by the following week pressed a selection and it vended a soda without putting any money in it. 

I have replaced the bill validator with a one that is supposed to be a good used one from ebay.  Coin mech was replaced with a rebuilt unit from a local vending company.  I even replaced the credit relay with a brand new one.

I am still having the same problems. 

I'm running a Coinco MAG50B bill validator and Coinco 9300 Dex coin mech.

Any advice on what is going on would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Hill Vending   

Welcome to the forum Bob! Glad you found this very active site.

It sounds to me like you have a bad switch on one of your motors that is not cancelling the credit after a vend. This leaves the coin mech inactive which rejects all coins and refuses all bills and a credit still on the machine. Until a selection with a good motor switch is vended, the credit will remain unused on the machine. This would explain how someone put their money in, got it back because it was rejected, and could also buy a soda.

You need to methodically buy sodas by putting money in, vend a can then try that same button again. If it doesn't vend again then the credit was cancelled. Then put money in and buy the next selection, and try that button again. Repeat this process until you find the selection that allows a second vend for free and then you'll know that there is a bad switch on that motor.

If you need any parts for this repair you can send me a PM.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you AZ vendor!

I used your testing method and found the bad switch.  I opted to replace all of them for peace of mind.  It's been a couple weeks and I haven't heard of any further problems, or been able to cause the machine to malfunction testing it.

I replaced a lot of parts unnecessarily on this beast...I would not have suspected a motor switch.  This is my first Vendo.

I am very glad I found this forum!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived