Profit margins on frozen items

SchligVend

So I currently service a hotel with 7 machines.

I noticed by the receptionist they have a food area where they sell frozen food such as hot pockets, tv dinners, ice cream frozen, burritos. I offered to deliver these items they were excited I can do this for them and they want me to send them a Price list of the items they currently have and what I charge to delivery and stock their freezers.

I currently run a few frozen machines so I already have a freezer on the truck and my upsale in my frozen machines are 3 times my cost. But I feel since I dont have to worry about machine repairs, expires or any of that stuff what should my upcharge be?

40%?   50%? more or less?   Should I offer discounts for Payment on Delivery?   What else should I say when I submit my proposal.

Thanks for the help!!!

Since all you have to do is take an order from them, place an order with Vistar, pick up the order and deliver it, I don't think any markup over 30% is needed (unless that doesn't give you much of a profit in dollars), but if you can find out what prices they currently pay you might get an even better markup and still get them lower prices.  You should expect a 30 day pay but I would ask for a payment on delivery with no discount.

Since all you have to do is take an order from them, place an order with Vistar, pick up the order and deliver it, I don't think any markup over 30% is needed (unless that doesn't give you much of a profit in dollars), but if you can find out what prices they currently pay you might get an even better markup and still get them lower prices.  You should expect a 30 day pay but I would ask for a payment on delivery with no discount.

I've already tried to ask for their current prices, they said they are to busy to send them so I would need to send them my prices.  I told them I am able to match or beat all competitor pricing since I am already their at least once a week, but still refuse to send me pricing. So i guess I will send them my quote with 30% markup and see what happens.    Thanks

Delivery may not be as easy as you are thinking. I was in the lobby of a hotel when Vistar delivered. He 2-wheeled the order into the cafe area and then waited to get checked in as the counter people were busy with check-in & check-out. I think he waited about 1/2 hr. before they were able to get to him. Just something to consider

Archived