Oscillator

nrod7

Hello gang,  1st attempt at changing out a warped oscillator.  Working on a DNCB 368, column 2 (  dbl wide).  Approx 13 1/4 inch in length.   My question is the part spring loaded? Does it have a locking pin or washer.  And step by step instructions on how to replace the oscillator ( tips).  Help!!!!       

Respectfully,

nrod7  a.k.a. The Capricorn. Co.

The oscillator bars don't usually warp, but I have seen them break before.  What makes you certain yours is warped?  If warped, was it because of improper column setup?  The oscillator bar is only held in place by a metal journal held down with two screws, other than that it turns freely.  Remove the journal, verifying which way it faces first, and then slide the oscillator bar out.  Make sure the nylon bushing remains in place in the rear of the stack and then transfer the bushing from the front of the old bar to the front of the new one.  Install the new bar and secure it with the journal.  Reinstall the motor while making sure the narrower of the two bars is on top. 

Thanks AZ,  This column (#2 wide) has been giving me an error signal ( blinking decimal in front of vend price. on led readout).  I noticed over time this column was not vending, so I changed out the vend motor.

The vend motor when I push down on vend switch arm and hold door sensor down.

The oscillator seems bent because when I set the first couple of cans in the column they don't lay straight but at a slight angle.

Maybe I should check to see if it is missing one of the screws.

How would I check if the oscillator may be bent or warped.

Thanks, nrod7 

The only way to see if the oscillator bar is bent is to remove it and inspect it.  Your original symptom of the blinking led is only an indication of an error.  Did you read the error?  This sounds like an MPC machine so when you open the door you would see an error such as JC-1 for column jam in column 1.  That isn't an indicator of a jammed can necessarily, but it could be a bad motor or motor switch. 

I think you meant to say that the motor will run when you hold the vend switch arm up out of the notch in the cam and then press the door switch.  This is normal.  When there are cans in the column and the door is closed, do you see Sold Out or Make other Selection when you press a button after money is inserted?  I suspect that your motor switch was at fault initially.  Then if you transferred the old motor switch to the new motor you may have transferred the problem too.

Don't worry too much how the cans lay on the bar but do inspect the hanging anti-theft triangle, if it's still there, as they can get bent.  If the two ends of the triangle don't meet squarely and without a gap, then you need to remove the triangle as it can jam and cause a can jam.  Don't remove it if the metal ends are square and tight.

Let me know if you need any parts for this.

Archived