Problem replacing compressor deck

partsguy

I am replacing the compressor deck in my old Dixie Narco Pepsi machine model DCB170/100-5.

The deck that I got from Dixie Narco Crane is a 1200. Everything fits ok except for the two hold down bolts for the deck base that bolt the assembly to the bottom of the machine.  The holes don't align and I can not put the bolts in.

What should I do?

Thanks.

There is a conversion plate available to allow you to mount the new style decks.  The plate lays over the original bolt studs on the floor of the cabinet and it's held in place with two metal spring clips.  The plate has relocated bolt studs on it.  You then slide the deck in and use the new bolt studs.  Or you can get a couple of large self tapping screws and drive them into the bottom of the cabinet.  That method isn't correct but it works.

There is a conversion plate available to allow you to mount the new style decks.  The plate lays over the original bolt studs on the floor of the cabinet and it's held in place with two metal spring clips.  The plate has relocated bolt studs on it.  You then slide the deck in and use the new bolt studs.  Or you can get a couple of large self tapping screws and drive them into the bottom of the cabinet.  That method isn't correct but it works.

Where are these conversion plates available from?  Is there a part number? 

Thanks.

The old bolt studs appear to be preventing the new base from laying down properly, flush with the machine bottom, therefore sitting uneven.   Is this corrected with this new conversion plate installed?

Is it possible that you already have a conversion plate installed?  It's unpainted steel whereas the cabinet is painted.  If it's not already there than the new deck base might be shorter than the original ones.

AZVendor, on 09 Nov 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Is it possible that you already have a conversion plate installed?  It's unpainted steel whereas the cabinet is painted.  If it's not already there than the new deck base might be shorter than the original ones.

Definitely no plate, just two nut studs sticking up from machine bottom. looks like the new deck base is shorter than the original, is that going to be ok with the adapter plate installed?

Also, have they eliminated the use of a fan shroud?

Look from the back the deck should slide under a clip that hold the deck down.

If a cord or anything else gets in the way the deck can’t get in the clip and will not slide back as far as it should.

Same problem if the deck is bent up on the end.

Walta

Yes, the newer units have high efficiency condensers and I haven't seen a fan shroud on one in quite a while.  The base height will be okay after the plate is put on as the deck will be bolted down and no rattling should occur.

Definitely no plate, just two nut studs sticking up from machine bottom. looks like the new deck base is shorter than the original, is that going to be ok with the adapter plate installed?

Also, have they eliminated the use of a fan shroud?

Archived