AP 122 Intermittent motor problems

loach33

Seriously frustrating problem with a used AP 122 machine.  I bought it with a 30 day warranty and it's still within that window.  I have called the seller and they've been good about trying to figure this out but it's not right yet.  So maybe you have an idea

2nd shelf, right side selection....Number 126.  That one from Day one has not worked right.  Put money in, select 126, display says Thank You, but the motor does nothing.  Open the machine and there is an error - Motor 126 stalled.

So today I go in and the error says Motor 122 stalled.  Hmm, ok.  I go into test vend mode and try all motors on the second shelf.  None work.   So, I start trying other shelves.  All work except for the danish row at the bottom.  All four of those do not work now.  160, 162, 164 and 166

I call the seller and he says to try a contact cleaner on the connections.  I didn't have any so I've yet to try that.  Maybe that will fix it?  We'll see tomorrow.

I could write out the entire scenario but basically the bottom shelf will vend now in test vend mode but it will not vend in regular mode using money.  It just steals the money.

The second shelf, after putting it back in was vending in money mode when I left.  After testing it over and over while there it would sometimes vend and sometimes not.  Both in test mode and in regular mode.

I did move the third shelf into the second shelf position and it vended fine in test mode....did not try money mode.  However, I neglected to put the second shelf into the third position to try it.

All in all.....this stupid thing will usually vend in test mode but it will steal money in the regular money mode.  Seems to only be the second and bottom shelves though.

Do you have the GoldenEye guaranteed vend option on the machine? If you don't have the sensors then make sure that GE is turned off. If you do have GE sensors then make sure none of your rows are excluded.

Next you should check all prices for those non-working motors. If those are good then run the Configure Motors mode. From the CONFIGURATION menu heading press ENTER and you should see CONFIGURE MOTORS. While the cursor is on the 1 of the first selection number press 1** and Y to select all cabinet 1 motors and begin the procedure. The machine will then enable every selection number.

Now close the door so the machine can scan all motors.

After this go to the SECURITY mode and scroll to Factory Test. This will run every motor so either remove each front product or catch them as they fall. Use + to toggle Y and press enter to begin the test. If any motor is not present or fails to properly run you will hear 3 beeps and the bad motor will be displayed. After the test stops for a bad motor you need to press Enter to continue the factory test.

I would also not spray contact cleaner on the shelf contacts. You should pull the offending shelves, all of them really, and make sure all shelf rollers are properly tightened. A loose roller can cause mis-alignment of the shelf connector. Also inspect each male connector to see if any pins are pushed in deeper than the others. Look at all the female slots on the cabinet. You should see two shiny spots on each side of each slot. If you don't see both shiny spots or any pin is shorter than the others then you have a damaged shelf connection. If a currently-used pin/slot is damaged then that wire must be moved to an open pin and opposing slot to repair it.

This problem could also just be bad motors either due to a gummed up gearbox or a bad diode or the motor is wired wrong.

I agree with AZ do not spray anything on you contacts.

Since all the motors on the shelf are out I would swap the shelf with one that is working and see if the problem moves.

Check the connectors for this shelf get a flashlight and be sure no pins back farther than the rest.

The problem could be a failing florescent lamp messing with the computer.

It would not be the first time I found it necessary to do a factory reset on this style board with similar symptoms.

Walta

Do you have the GoldenEye guaranteed vend option on the machine? If you don't have the sensors then make sure that GE is turned off. If you do have GE sensors then make sure none of your rows are excluded.

Next you should check all prices for those non-working motors. If those are good then run the Configure Motors mode. From the CONFIGURATION menu heading press ENTER and you should see CONFIGURE MOTORS. While the cursor is on the 1 of the first selection number press 1** and Y to select all cabinet 1 motors and begin the procedure. The machine will then enable every selection number.

Now close the door so the machine can scan all motors.

After this go to the SECURITY mode and scroll to Factory Test. This will run every motor so either remove each front product or catch them as they fall. Use + to toggle Y and press enter to begin the test. If any motor is not present or fails to properly run you will hear 3 beeps and the bad motor will be displayed. After the test stops for a bad motor you need to press Enter to continue the factory test.

I would also not spray contact cleaner on the shelf contacts. You should pull the offending shelves, all of them really, and make sure all shelf rollers are properly tightened. A loose roller can cause mis-alignment of the shelf connector. Also inspect each male connector to see if any pins are pushed in deeper than the others. Look at all the female slots on the cabinet. You should see two shiny spots on each side of each slot. If you don't see both shiny spots or any pin is shorter than the others then you have a damaged shelf connection. If a currently-used pin/slot is damaged then that wire must be moved to an open pin and opposing slot to repair it.

This problem could also just be bad motors either due to a gummed up gearbox or a bad diode or the motor is wired wrong.

Ok I'll try these in the morning. I do not have the golden eye. Plus I think this may be older than what you're saying about the menu options. This one is a Mastermenu. Pressing F1 gets me to mis data. F2 I think is view errors. F3 is clear errors. To get into test vend its F6. I don't remember seeing any config options. I will check those pins and move the bad shelves though to see if they fail somewhere else,

The frustrating part is they seem to work in test vend but not with money. Although I had it work with money, opened the door and tried a test vend and it did not work. It's all over the place.

Archived