Rowe 5900JR "Home Fail <selection number> error

Rexlex

My 5900 is a dual spiral, I replaced one of the dual with a single helix so I could dispense Cup O Noodles.   I test vend and it works.  Close the door and hit the selection (67) and get "Select other item".  Open the door and it shows the error "Home Fail 67."   All the other selections next to the failing one work fine.

Any ideas?

Make sure that you installed the 3 wire connector onto the motor properly.  You might have missed one wire position.  You might also just have a bad motor with a failed diode board on it or a bad motor home switch.  The Home Fail error means the machine did not detect that the motor came off the home switch or it did not detect the motor arriving back in the home position, so I think you have a bad motor.

S

Make sure that you installed the 3 wire connector onto the motor properly.  You might have missed one wire position.  You might also just have a bad motor with a failed diode board on it or a bad motor home switch.  The Home Fail error means the machine did not detect that the motor came off the home switch or it did not detect the motor arriving back in the home position, so I think you have a bad motor.

Hey AZ,  I really didn't touch the motor.... just took off the second spiral gear and the spiral and replace the primary spiral with the extended one.  Plus the motor works via the test vend.   I will double-check the wiring though.

Is there a way to make the motor "initialize" back to home position?

It's possible that you disturbed the wiring when you removed the gears, etc.  It's also possible that it is just a coincidence that the motor failed at the same time.  You could also have a shelf connection issue with the cabinet connector.  Pull the shelf out and see if any pins on the back of the shelf are shorter than the others and verify that you can see inside each slot of the cabinet connector, 2 shiny spots on each side of the slots.  If one slot doesn't have two shiny spots or one pin is shorter than the others, those could be bad shelf connections.  While the shelf is out make sure that all the rollers are there and that their screws are tight.  A loose or missing roller will cause an alignment issue with the shelf connector.  Test vending is the only way to put a selection back in service. 

ok, yeah, I'll go ahead and restore the second gear w/o the spiral and see if that helps and check the wiring in the back.  It is just odd that it test vends.  It was close to closing time last night when I did this so I didn't have time to troubleshoot so I'll try a few things once I get back there.

You need to clear the error before it will vend.

To clear error

1 Open door.

2 The display will scroll all errors.

3 Press the reset button on the key pad.

4 Close door vend with coins.

Walta

You need to clear the error before it will vend.

To clear error

1 Open door.

2 The display will scroll all errors.

3 Press the reset button on the key pad.

4 Close door vend with coins.

Walta

Thanks Walta, that "fixed" it.  I have the Cup-o-noodles in there now.. we'll see how they sell.

Archived