New Potential Contract-need advice

cl408818

Hi everyone!

I've landed a potential contract with a newly constructed luxury apartment complex with 320 units. They're renting them for around $3k for a one bedroom and I think many will be corporate leases. My dilemma is that they only have 40 units leased now and they want 3 machines or no deal. There are a lot of construction guys there currently, so they'd be the main consumers for the first 6 months probably.

The other thing is that they want all 3 machines to be healthy and want one combo and two drink machines. I have one combo machine I can place now but have to buy the two other drink machines they want. I'm concerned they're going to try and decide what I put in all the machines and the things they want are not going to make me any profit. They don't get it that not everything imaginable can vend out of the machines and that most people like snickers and coke. On the flip side it's a huge real estate company and I'd love to be a preferred vendor.

I already tried telling them I'd need them to pay me if sales were too low and/ or we should start with just one machine, but they aren't going for it and want all 3 machines.

Is it worth the risk? What are two drink machines that can vend gatorades and assorted waters along with some canned sodas? Also, can I only vend cans and 20oz bottles out of some of the old Royal and Dixie drink machines or can I do 16 oz too?

Where do yall buy the 20oz bottles of water/soda in bulk. I can't find Dasani or Aquafina online or in stores.

Thanks!

i have a lot of apartment locations, they are hit and miss.  I have learned that you cannot let these property managers dictate your Biz, you have to put your foot down.  These new apartment communities are built with vending machine space in mind and managers just wanna fill the space, and they always want "brand new" machines without a scratch.

and at some point they will request your gen. lia. insurance

In my opinion 320 units is border line and not worth 3 machines.  I WOULD explain to the property manager machines will be provided as needed. 

honestly if I supplied these property managers everything they requested, I would be broke,...lol....

501e are the easiest machines to deal with, i always wanna see the area before i decide to place a machine. and remember to secure the machine door with a hasp lock

i have a lot of apartment locations, they are hit and miss.  I have learned that you cannot let these property managers dictate your Biz, you have to put your foot down.  These new apartment communities are built with vending machine space in mind and managers just wanna fill the space, and they always want "brand new" machines without a scratch.

and at some point they will request your gen. lia. insurance

In my opinion 320 units is border line and not worth 3 machines.  I WOULD explain to the property manager machines will be provided as needed. 

honestly if I supplied these property managers everything they requested, I would be broke,...lol....

501e are the easiest machines to deal with, i always wanna see the area before i decide to place a machine. and remember to secure the machine door with a hasp lock

I think the same thing goes for office buildings that have a "community" vending area.  I had an office building with about 20 floors.  About 18 of those floors were vacant... but the building manager felt as though they deserved new equipment because they were such a big building.  I told him that the location was not profitable enough to warrant anything other than what they had.  Of course.... he claimed that I would make enough money if the machines were new.... he knew it wasn't true though, he just wanted to please the janitor that used the machine more than anyone else.

Archived