pest patrol spiral and rack question

ginger vend

I recently bought a route with some spirals and racks.  With all my single/double heads, I have them greased for ant prevention as discussed in previous threads. 

My question:  :?where do you grease a spiral/rack to prevent pest probs without it being a messy eyesore.  Some of these are in restaurant's inside (not in the foyers) so I don't see spraying for pests as an option.  Or do restaurants have good enough pest patrol already from spraying around the outside of the bldgs and this isn't a prob like at auto shops, etc.   

Trying to stay one step ahead of potential pest disasters.  Thanks for any info.

Ginger Vend

I personally prefer a Bay Leaf. They work well for ants but do not know about roaches or other pests.

Restaurants normally have pest control taken care of but that doesn't mean the varmits will not appear. Greasing a rack could be kind of messy.

I am assuming that the spirals have gumballs. I have NEVER had ants in my gumballs during my 8 years of vending (but had plenty in the candy). So I never really worry about ants in my single head gumball machines. Other parts of the country may be different as far as bugs go.

As far as racks go, you really should focus on toys and gum - especially in restaurants. Candy sales have never really done well for me in restaurants and are rarely consistent month after month. If candy is requested in a restaurant, I only place one candy product in the rack. It usually is removed due to poor sales after a few months.

Case in point, I have a diner with toys and one candy product. The manager wants some candy for the employees even though they really don't buy that much candy. I had a $600 gross there on the last collection, with $570 in toy sales and $30 in candy (MM Peanuts)! Most of my restaurant racks have NO CANDY at all now!  Kids prefer toys to candy especially after they have their meal and the employees are too fickle.

Toys rock, see the posts from Kyle.

Jax

Not only that, toys and gum are the best sellers and best profits of any product, use them as much as possible in racks and spirals.  Candy is usually only done on special request.   I would rather pull a non-proforming location that only wanted candy and save my time for a rack or triple in a good spot.

Regular candy NEVER works on a rack. A rack of general candy is a bad idea.

Crazy Bananas sell good on racks. It is a rack candy I do on most of my racks.

Bugs hardly get into single machines on stands, or on racks. Triples with the top door are them worst for bugs.

Kyle

Sorry for the multi post. Steve, how can I stop this. I am only clicking once, but it posts more then one message.

Thanks guys! 

I only left some runts in one of the racks when I serviced it because they did well and the rest are all toys.   

The GB spirals REALLY rolled in the quarters compared to the  GB singles I have been dealing with thus far in my vending ventures:cool:.  I have been having a terrible vision of an invasion of pests in the gumballs that could cost me a great location:( and needed some good advice/reassurance. 

Ginger Vend

I personally prefer a Bay Leaf. They work well for ants but do not know about roaches or other pests.

Restaurants normally have pest control taken care of but that doesn't mean the varmits will not appear. Greasing a rack could be kind of messy.

I had one hole-in-the-wall seafood restaurant where I had a single gumball machine.  One time I opened it up and a hoard of roaches comes spilling out.  I do my best to dust it off and put it back together without the owner looking.  I vowed that the next time I came, I'd have some roach traps, etc.  When I came back, I didn't find a single roach or dead body anywhere.  So they really cleaned up.  I'm glad, cuz if it continued to be really bad, I was just going to abandon that machine at that store.  I didn't want to have to pick it up and put it in my car with all my product and other machines.