GPL "L" handle

Golfdogs

I've got a few GPL snack machines that I'm having trouble changing the plug locks. The plug just spins but won't pull out. I see no evidence of a set screw or any other device that could be holding them into place. I've changed 150 locks in the past two months with no issues other than these four machines. Thoughts?

If the key only spins then the lock is broken inside.  If the lock cylinder is spinning then you should be able to get it out as that means the pop up bolt isn't sticking through the hole in the handle.  Maybe there is an edge inside the handle that is catching the bolt.  I don't know how you get around that if there is.  If you're talking about the lift handle and not an L-handle, then you just have to finagle your way to the spring bolt so you can push it down inside the cylinder and then pull the lock out with the key.  It's not easy to get into that small area but it can be done, obviously.

Here's an update...I found some GPL latches in my inventory. I changed the entire assembly on two machines and took the old assemblys home. Sprayed the lock with silicon and tried removing plug lock. Still no dice. Spins freely, but won't pull out. Turned the assembly over and took a punch and hammer and gave the plug a whack. Got it to move an 1/8 inch and it then pulled out easily with the key.

I inspected the cylinder and found nothing to impede the plug from pulling out. Replaced the plug and it pulled out easily, just like it should. Very strange. I've got two more to do...

Archived