Dixie Narco 501E wide column sticking & double vending

mojorhino

Pepsi told me the wide column shims were the same except you just used 2 on each side for the bottles & 4 on each side for the cans.

Here is what I have been using for the wide column which has worked fine until recently (around when pepsi changed bottle design).

gallery_6992_149_592960.jpg

Can someone post a picture of the can vs the bottle shims for the E series wide column like I have done below for the narrow column?

gallery_6992_149_357297.jpg

The bottle shims for the wide column will look like the tall can shims you have now but they will only be the height of the short portion from front to back.  In your lower photo the left shim is for bottles and the right shim is for cans using the rod and spring, however the bottle shim is also used for 16 oz cans and bottles and 16.9 oz bottles along with the rod and spring.

So the E Series Wide column bottle shim looks like this?

gallery_6992_149_24469.jpg

& If so couldn't I just cut some of the bottom portion off as a temporary fix?

The machine is owned by Pepsi so who knows how long it will take for them to get me the correct shims

That is the bottle shim for the wide E columns.  The waffle shims are 3/32" thick and your solid black shim might be twice as thick as the waffle shims.  If so then you would use 1/2 as many of the solid black shims as you would for the waffle shims.  You can cut the waffles to work as bottle shims with no problems.  You'll need two of the 3/32" thick shims on each side or one of the double thick shims on each side.

I fixed the problem by cutting a small piece of the bottom front of the shim off with a hacksaw

gallery_6992_149_259916.jpg

Then I put it back in the machine & tested it about 20 times without any further problems

I spoke with the Pepsi parts guy for my area & he has the wide column bottle shims in stock. 

He does not know what the Dixied Narco part # is but told me that the Pepsi part # is 175100

He is going to give some to the repair tech that services my area & I should have them this Friday.

Archived