Help with Vendo Machine

ebme96

I recently purchased two can vendors, one older Dixie-Narco and a Vendo. The Vendo machine is causing me a little bit of grief... Numbers from the plate, Sales Model- V480DMC-280 (if you need the serial or the MFRS # I can get it)

When I bought it about half of the sold-out switches were sticking, and about half of the switches on the vend motors were not working at all. I replaced all the bad switches and everything seems to be working well with them. Except Column #7 If you press the motor bypass switch (I think that is what it is called, the one nearest the back below the motor) it vends just fine, just like all the others, but when you use the coin mech to vend it vends three at a time. 

Another problem I noticed, and IDK if this is related but when you try to vend from column #8 you have to hold the button about 3 seconds, it buzzs and clicks for 2-3 seconds and then vends, while buzzing the red sold-out light flickers on. Normally the sold-out light turns on very briefly as you make your selection.....

Any help for this noob would be sincerely appreciated..... 

Because the column that drops three cans at a time will also vend other times one at a time as it should, I would say that the motor brake is gummed up or magnetized, or the switch you put on it is bad.  The motor brake pivots under the two screws that hold the motor magnet to the frame.  Spray some glass cleaner on the two pivot points and then tap the brass actuator a bunch of times to work the liquid into the pivot points.  If that doesn't help then you need to replace the motor. 

Your other motor that buzzes and takes a while to begin turning might be a bad motor that needs to be replaced or the vend rotor is binding up.  You would need to remove the motor so that you can see if the rotor spins freely and if it's sides are straight.  If the rotor is good then you need to replace the motor.

You can PM me if you need any parts to repair it.

When ever you have one bad switch on a vendo (motor) you will find that all the switches have been stressed. You need to replace all of them. The spring copper in the vendo switches have been stressed because of a power surge or several motors being jammed at one time. Replacing may also cure the other problems you are having.

OK, I now have found the problem... Thanks to both who replied, I found a bad switch on vend motor #7...

The other one I found the gear box behind the motor to turn very hard compared to the others.... So I think the motor just wasn't able to start, causing the clicking.....

Will PM AZVendor thanks for the help....

Merle

Archived