Royal 650

SodaJerk

Hi Everyone!

Just bought a Royal Merlin IV 650 and have 2 questions:

1. This thing needs some TLC. Looks like a can exploded inside... everywhere. Will warm water and soap pull out the gunk from the drop tray and column walls or is there a better product/solution I should be using?

2. What is the best way to load this thing up? I have a vendo that loads cans 3 deep and bottles 2 deep but the way the drop motors look it only fits a single product deep. I've looked online to see if there are any pictures or videos but have not been successful. I do have the manual which is a start.

Thanks!

That machine can be hosed out with soap and water used wherever it's needed.  Just don't get any of the electronic wet.  The motors and harnesses can be wet and then you only need to put a fan on the open cabinet for a few days to dry it out.  The RV650 is a Merlin IV machine and that's the manual you'll need.  The machine has motors on 12 columns, front and back.  Each column can be loaded with 2 - 12 oz cans deep or one taller product deep (16 oz can or bottle, 16.9 and 20 oz bottles).  You will need to program the machine so it knows how deep the products are column by column.  If you don't have 12 selection buttons then you will find that at least two buttons control more than one column.  This is called space-to-sales and there are specific instructions in the manual for that.  You might find that the current STS setting is fine as long as you determine what buttons go to what columns before you fill the machine.  There should also be a STS chart on the inner door that allows you to mark what products are in which columns so you don't forget.

Hi Everyone!

Just bought a Royal Merlin IV 650 and have 2 questions:

1. This thing needs some TLC. Looks like a can exploded inside... everywhere. Will warm water and soap pull out the gunk from the drop tray and column walls or is there a better product/solution I should be using?

2. What is the best way to load this thing up? I have a vendo that loads cans 3 deep and bottles 2 deep but the way the drop motors look it only fits a single product deep. I've looked online to see if there are any pictures or videos but have not been successful. I do have the manual which is a start.

Thanks!

As with all newer Royals, the machine is designed to vend 2 cans deep in each column.  If you're vending bottles or longer cans, you'll need to adjust the rear spacer and program the machine in STEP mode for one deep  For products wider than a 12 oz can there is also a lower rod that needs to be adjusted to the left hole.  I use a pressure washer with Simple Green to clean mine just try not to soak the motors or control board. Note that your machine probably also has a Space to Sales feature which allows one selection button to control multiple columns.  If you go to Royal's website you'll find the manual for this machine in the service section as this is still a current model.

Joel, I think you're incorrect about the adjusting rod for different diameters of products in the Merlin IV.  This machine uses rotors, not the GIII's chain drive.

So there's no adjustment needed for wider items?  I currently just vend 12 oz cans and Arizonas in mine - no bottles for me.

Archived