dn 2145 bottles get stuck leaning against the glass

SebaVending

I have a DN 2145 glassfront soda machine on location.  I noticed when I was getting it ready for my location that the bottles on the top 2 or 3 rows would get stuck leaning up against the glass.  This didnt happen at all for the bottom rows so I put all my cans on the top rows and the bottles on the bottom.  The location is now saying that the carbonated canned sodas are getting shook up when they drop and they explode when opened.  

Is there a way to put bottles on the top rows and not have them get stuck up against the glass?  

This machine has the drop sensor disabled so it doesn't have a guaranteed vend.  The whole machine is set up with the correct shims and products pushers have been installed on each row.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The top shelf works best with shorter products there.  The recovery unit is designed to break the fall of carbonated or glass containers (you don't want to use glass) but you will get shaking of the products when they fall.  It also sounds like you might still have short gates on your top shelf due to the tipping problem and/or it's simply because the top shelf is so close to the glass it doesn't take much for a bottle to tip against it.  The taller the package the more likely it will tip against the glass.  If you have short gates you need to upgrade the shelf. 

In my experience the best location for can soda is the middle two rows and you can put other short items or 16 oz water bottles on the top.

I have only tall gates on this machine.  Pretty much any bottle i put on  the top row leans against the glass.  Not sure what I could put in place of carbonated drinks.  Maybe yoohoo v8 and hawaiian punch.  Is there any way to set the shelf a little back so that it is a little further from the glass?  Im curious as to why my other 2145's dont do this with their setups.

There is no adjustment to the shelf.  There are short extenders that can be installed to help kick the bottom of the bottle away from the shelf as it drops.  PM me if you'd like me to send you a set for that shelf.  The difference between this machine and your others could mean that this is an older version originally from ECC (most 2145's were) which means you might have a different shelf rack installed.  Your other machines might also be 5591's from DN instead of 2145's. 

The first question is the machine perfectly level front to back and left to right.

Next you will notice the top shelf is closer to the glass each lower shelf is further away.

Also the top shelf does not have room for tall product at the back of the shelf.

This machine was designed for non carbonated product in glass bottles and worked flawlessly.

I think bottles of fruit juice work well on the top shelf.

For some reason the cans seem to always end up on the bottom shelf.

Walta

Archived