30 Day test period?

vendingnewbie5

Has anyone offered a 30 day trial period to a business owner who may seem skeptical about having a machine located in their establishment. If so what results have you had and any input on it? It seems like it maybe a good way of getting some maybes to a yes when locating.

Yes.  In fact, it's probably my single best trick for turning an undecided owner into a yes.  The most successful way I've found to phrase it is, when there is a pause or hesitation from the location owner...

"I'll tell you what, you don't have to commit to anything right now.  How about we try it for 30 says, I'll come back and service it and pay you the commission.  Then you can decide if you want to keep it."  The fact that you're guaranteeing them an easy out after 30 days is a powerful weapon.  And truth be told, it's no different than them saying yes.  It's not like they otherwise DON'T have permission to boot you after 30 days.  But by verbalizing it, you're giving them the control and that disarms a lot of people who are feeling pressure from your pitch.  

Forgot to mention in important point about following up.  When you go back after a month for service, don't mention the trial period at all.  A lot of people make that mistake.  Be polite and smile.  If they strike up a conversation - reciprocate.  Otherwise I view silence as an invitation to stay.  

Yes, I do the same thing. There is no substitute for putting some cash in their hand. When you hand over some cash, it is usually a done deal.

How much do you give just to try it out? I know it will vary on size.

Archived