Golden Eye issue please help thanks

sammer

Hi Guys got a problem with the Golden Eye on a A.P. 932 snck machine. I have it set to drop and the red sensor light is on in the bin but it only rotates one time. I received the machine with no book. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sammer

You can set GE to three options Drop, Home or to Off. When set on Drop the motor will stop at the exact instant the product breaks the IR beam from the GE sensors. That will leave the spiral whereever it's at when the vend is sensed. The Home setting will cause the motor to rotate back to its home position after the vend is detected. The drawback to Home is that you are almost assured of giving two items on any vend that the motor goes just past the home position on when the first item falls, because the motor will then run to the end of the next vend cycle and probably drop a free item then. For this reason you should set GE to Drop. Then when you open the machine at any service you only need to press your door switch to force all motors to home themselves.

Thanks guys, I have set the GE to Drop but for some reason if things get hung up it won't turn the coils a second time. Any thoughts I did get the book(Thanks CC) but I can't seem to see anything there to help me.

Sammer

Then I would say that you have a problem with your GE sensors or your board, but the sensors are more likely to be the issue. Do you see a red LED on one end of your delivery bin and does it go out when you pass your hand through the beam? If it does then the sensors are working, leaving the problem in the harness or the logic board. I'll check my manual when I get back to my shop.

Go into your errors menu (when first entering the service mode, I think) and view any errors stored in the machine.  You are looking for GE errors so that you can then refer to the troubleshooting guide in your manual that is on page 8.04.  If you are certain that you enabled GE for all selections using 1xx as the selection range, then I think you will either have a bad sensor, probably the receiver, or a bad logic board.  Also read the GE section of the manual beginning on page 3.06 so you have a good understanding of how the system works.  You will find that Mode 62 - Out of Service and Mode 81 - Sequential Event Log can be very helpful in determining what is going on. 

Thanks Guys, I do have it set as Chris has stated and still nothing. I will check for errors and if I need parts I will PM you AZ and you can send them. Interesting to see how the process works and how long it takes getting parts from the USA.

Sammer

The red light does NOT indicate a functioning GOLDEN EYE. With the door open, you should see a thin greyish coloured cable, with white female ends, that attaches to the left and right side of the product delivery box-this must be plugged in on BOTH sides. If this doesn't help, get the eprom updated to version 20 or higher, replace the greyish cable or you need a board repair. Take the board off and ask your dealer to update the eprom to the latest version.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived