Thoughts on Vending Dolly

That's awsome, I have a 16ft flat trailer I might do that to, when not loaded is it back heavy when traveling down the road, when loading do you have jacks or do u put something under the back of the trailer so it doesn't raise the truck off the ground

It is not back heavy when its empty, this is because the axles are 2/3 towards the back vs. being centered in the middle of the trailer. I also do not have jacks on the back of the trailer, The truck I use to pull it is larger diesel truck which is plenty heavy to keep it down. the only regret I have with the lift gate is its only 40 inches deep so it can be kinda tricky to use. On my next one I get I will use a true rail lift with a 6' deck. I would also like to have the ability to take an electric pallet jack places with me, which I can not currently do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a nice dolly but i use my narrow pallet jack almost exclusively.  They work great in tight spaces and allow you to maneuver a 700lb machine by yourself.  

I got a pellet jack which is Nice for snack machines but getting pop machines on n off with out damaging floors is tricky

I used to use a narrow pallet jack a lot, until I needed to clam shell soda machines. But if you dont need to then a pallet jack works great and they are super cheap.

I love my Anderson, though I upgraded the casters and straps. 

These are the soaps I bought, though I wish I had used a 1 1/4" rather than a 2"

and here is the TS26N caster I bought. These changes have made the Anderson near unbeatable for moving machines. I have moved several now by myself even loading them on my trailer. If I have to clam shell, I can and the only help I need is with steering the machine since it rolls so easy. It'll get away from you if you let it. 

trailer pic 2

• 3 months later...

This is a trailer I built with a hydraulic lift gate.

I really liked how you got this lift gate on your trailer and was hoping to get it installed on my trailer too. I went to  the authorize dealer in my area and they told me that my trailer  has to be at least 28' off the groung . Mine is only 21' but it's almost like yours how did you manage to get this done? thanks

I really liked how you got this lift gate on your trailer and was hoping to get it installed on my trailer too. I went to  the authorize dealer in my area and they told me that my trailer  has to be at least 28' off the groung . Mine is only 21' but it's almost like yours how did you manage to get this done? thanks

serge, my full time business outside of vending is trailer manufacturing. We build mostly water trailers but also many custom one off trailers. I built this one myself on the side. Im not sure what type of trailer you have, but I guarantee if I could get my hands on it I could install a lift a gate. My trailer started out as a car hauler, it was totally rebuilt. Looking back on it I wish I would have built it from scratch as we usually do. I have sense upgraded to a freightliner truck. This trailer does not get used any more. PM me if you would be interested in buying it.

I absolutely love my Lectro truck, it does everything great, it's A lift gate/ dolly all in one, I just need the front swivel wheels and I'll be set

I do like the Anderson Dolly's though, I'm thinking of making a pair out of boat trailer jack and weld the bottom up to lift the machines up

Archived