Ebay mystery

kai1836

Hello all, as you kow I bought some racks last night and was pretty excited about them. Well I got my invoice this morning and am no longer excited. I have used ebay for probably seven years and have never seen this so I thought I'd get a few opinions on how common it is. I purchased the racks for 599. The racks were for pick-up only and I intend to pick them up. The seller invoiced me for 999 explaining he was charging me 400 to pick the things up. This was nowhere in the auction listing and I'm not even sure he can do this. Any suggestions?

Hello all, as you kow I bought some racks last night and was pretty excited about them. Well I got my invoice this morning and am no longer excited. I have used ebay for probably seven years and have never seen this so I thought I'd get a few opinions on how common it is. I purchased the racks for 599. The racks were for pick-up only and I intend to pick them up. The seller invoiced me for 999 explaining he was charging me 400 to pick the things up. This was nowhere in the auction listing and I'm not even sure he can do this. Any suggestions?

Post the Ebay link.

First contact the seller and try to have the pickup charge repealed. This guy sounds like a real jerk. So if the doesn't work contact ebay and file a complaint. Don't let it drag out. Do not pay this clown anything and be prepared to walk away. Even if he did repeal the pickup charge, I still would not want to do business with him. If you do buy it, make sure your money is covered by paypal/ebay. Things go wrong at times on ebay and the bark ir worse than the bite.

Jax

That is the problem with ebay. Someone can get a product for .99, and the user can charge any amount, no matter how rediclous, to ship, or to pick up. It is not against there policy. I would just tell NO!

God gave us all brains. However, some people really think everone else around them can not use theirs.

Kyle

This gets better by the email! I finally heard back from him and he said no he didn't intend to charge me 400 dollars to pick them up the site made him put in an amount for shipping and thats what it was. However that aside he claims that the auction was for one rack and not two even though two are pictured. He wasn't a jerk on the phone but I assured him that the auction made itself out to be for two. The listing ishttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120329611504

So I'm thinking it over.....not sure what to do. I have had no luck with ebay lately the last guy I bought from backe3d out because he went to ship the machines and shipping was 80.00 more than he had quoted me. I said that it was a contract for him as it was for me I paid and he backed out...... Ebay is really frustrating me.  If I backed out of buying something I'd have negative feedback out the wazoo.

I assumed that since he photographed two racks he was selling two racks.  Nothing different was specified in the auction. Regardless what kind of a price is 599 for a nine head rack full of product? I called him after he emailed me back and he said that he meant that the auction was for one however it really looked like two.  So not sure what to do. He says he has 180 racks for sale I'm thinking about just driving up and seeing if I can hammer a deal out of him.

This gets better by the email! I finally heard back from him and he said no he didn't intend to charge me 400 dollars to pick them up the site made him put in an amount for shipping and thats what it was. However that aside he claims that the auction was for one rack and not two even though two are pictured. He wasn't a jerk on the phone but I assured him that the auction made itself out to be for two. The listing ishttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120329611504

So I'm thinking it over.....not sure what to do. I have had no luck with ebay lately the last guy I bought from backe3d out because he went to ship the machines and shipping was 80.00 more than he had quoted me. I said that it was a contract for him as it was for me I paid and he backed out...... Ebay is really frustrating me.  If I backed out of buying something I'd have negative feedback out the wazoo.

Well first off, I wouldn't have bid on this without getting more info from the seller. The auction is VERY vague and based on his response, deceiving. I would NOT BUY ANYTHING from this joker!!!

You tell him you want BOTH racks pictured with NO SHIPPING or you're not taking it. Ok, at least that's what I would do. Good luck.

g

I would be tempted to hold his feet to the fire and make him follow through. The description is comprised of only the pictures and the words 'Very Nice Machines'. If he was only selling one rack, he should have included only pictures of one rack or included wording similar to "your choice", "One of These", etc..

the description is very vague,you shoulda asked questions.I agree with outlander,ask for both again but then settle for an extra case of toys or something.

if you can get racks anywhere (cheaper) pass on this.I like your other idea of hammering out a deal better though,you are alreADY going to get a rack might as well make your trip worth your time and pick more up.

you should make an estimated 500 bucks if you sell out a full machine.

others here would probably have a closer figure

Ebay is really frustrating me.  If I backed out of buying something I'd have negative feedback out the wazoo.

Kai,

I wouldn't worry too much about receiving negative FB from this seller. Ebay recently changed it's feedback policy and no longer allows sellers to leave negative feedback for their buyers. He can only leave you a positive or nothing. Here is a brief explanation from the help page on ebay.

Steve

For each transaction, buyers and sellers can choose to rate each other by leaving Feedback. Buyers can leave a positive, negative, or a neutral rating, plus a short comment. Sellers can leave a positive rating and a short comment.

Winning bid:

US $599.00 

No payments until 2009 - new eBay MasterCard

Ended:

Nov-12-08 18:09:06 PST

Shipping:

Pickup only - see item description for details

Ships to:

Will arrange for local pickup only (no shipping).

Item location:

Ravenna, Ohio, United States

History:

5 bids

Winning bidder:

s***gPosted Image( 38Posted Image)I know I have gotton into this converstation a little later than I would have liked.  But I noticed in the Ships to: column there is a line stating NO SHIPPING!!!!!!! You need to stay on ebay and get them to resolve this.  Email them once per hour if you have to until you get your point across.  If ebay does not seem like they want to deal with it, just send them one more email stating you are going to file a complaint with the BBB and they will take intrest real quick.  Trust me on that one!  I have had my share of jerks on ebay and that always works when you start talking about the BBB.  What business wants a bad mark with them hummmm!!!!!:shock:

Yes I do. They just don't seem to protect buyers like they do sellers.....I let the guy off the hook and killed the deal. Some here have mentioned that with wal-mart kicking out their big bulk operators that there should be a lot of used racks out there. I found some and am going on Sunday to try to grab a couple.