Ebay mystery

kai1836

Yea he screwed up with the first listng. I have seen others do the same thing with say 5 Vendstars and the bid goes for $40. I always send a message to clarify. It never mentioned per machine and they do have a feature to bid on multiple items from the same bid to get them all at that price. I think you could have pushed the issue with Ebay and forced the sale maybe.

Listing now says:

VERY NICE MACHINES, FULL OF PRODUCTS, SELL CANDY NEXT WEEK! THERE ARE A NUMBER OF RACKS, YOUR WINING BID WOULD BE FOR CHOICE OF RACK, NOT RACKS. I HAVE 132 RACKS LEFT OUT OF 383, IF YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY, THEN HERE IS YOU CHANCE, SOME ARE FULL,SOME ARE NOT, AND SOME ARE EMPTY. i HAVE SIGNLE OR MUTPLE MACHINES, CALL FOR DETAILS, AND YOU CAN USE ANY FORM OF CARD PAYMENT THROUGH OUR STORE HERE. CALL 330-815-2471

I assumed that since he photographed two racks he was selling two racks.  Nothing different was specified in the auction. Regardless what kind of a price is 599 for a nine head rack full of product? I called him after he emailed me back and he said that he meant that the auction was for one however it really looked like two.  So not sure what to do. He says he has 180 racks for sale I'm thinking about just driving up and seeing if I can hammer a deal out of him.

Kai,

When I look at the pictures, it looks to me like the rack is too wide for one picture to hold.  So he took a picture of one end, and a picture of the other.  It looks to me like it is a rack with 6 2" cap machines on top, and 9 1" machines on the bottom.  If you look at the machines on the right of the first picture, it matches with the machines on the left of the second picture.

There is nothing in the print to say if it is one or two or more racks.  But I think that $600 for 15 machies plus the rack they sit on, and all the product in their little heads is well worth the money.

I assumed that since he photographed two racks he was selling two racks.  Nothing different was specified in the auction. Regardless what kind of a price is 599 for a nine head rack full of product? I called him after he emailed me back and he said that he meant that the auction was for one however it really looked like two.  So not sure what to do. He says he has 180 racks for sale I'm thinking about just driving up and seeing if I can hammer a deal out of him.

Kai,

When I look at the pictures, it looks to me like the rack is too wide for one picture to hold.  So he took a picture of one end, and a picture of the other.  It looks to me like it is a rack with 6 2" cap machines on top, and 9 1" machines on the bottom.  If you look at the machines on the right of the first picture, it matches with the machines on the left of the second picture.

There is nothing in the print to say if it is one or two or more racks.  But I think that $600 for 15 machies plus the rack they sit on, and all the product in their little heads is well worth the money.

If I had the money, I would have taken this deal.  I can buy 9 NW Super60's (what are shown at the bottom of the pictures) at tjking for $60.  So 9x$60=$540 , and 6 Super80's for $124 each is $744 and the rack is at lease $171 for a total of $1455 before shipping and with no product. 

That was a VERY SWEET DEAL that you passed up.

Darryl,

That is exactly what I thought when I first looked at the photo, however, if you look very closely between the photo's you can see the break between the two racks. It appears the seller placed these close together to give the impression that it is 1 rack. Another red flag in my book.

Steve

Always check out and understand the buyer protection policies on any auction. Paypal has the most comprehensive (at $1000 I believe) but if that is not offered then all you have is the standard ebay protection which is much lower (around $200 last time I checked). There can also be a $25 processing fee. The policies and terms are always being updated - so research the protection policies before buying an expensive item. Of course, the seller feedback rating should also be taken into consideration.

Jax