Machine not responding (buttons)

I have an older machine single price takes bills and coins and it recently stopped working the buttons arent sending a signal to the motors. All motors rotate fine  and the coin mech and bill acceptor seem to work anyone have a similar problem?

You could have many different problems so more information is needed.  We need the make and model number of the machine.  Also, when you say the coin mech and validator are working do you mean that they will accept money and perhaps pay change but then you can't make any column vend?  Or will it take money endlessly without acting as if a credit is set?  If you put money in and it won't vend, will running a motor or unplugging the machine cause it to again accept money up to the vend price?  If so you could have a bad motor switch, a bad motor that isn't stopping in it's home position. an open circuit in your selection panel, etc. 

You could have many different problems so more information is needed.  We need the make and model number of the machine.  Also, when you say the coin mech and validator are working do you mean that they will accept money and perhaps pay change but then you can't make any column vend?  Or will it take money endlessly without acting as if a credit is set?  If you put money in and it won't vend, will running a motor or unplugging the machine cause it to again accept money up to the vend price?  If so you could have a bad motor switch, a bad motor that isn't stopping in it's home position. an open circuit in your selection panel, etc. 

Ive had this issue once before with my dixie narco dncb440 and I read somewhere online that it was an issue with the coin mech. I unplugged it and it reset then the selections began to work. The issue was that it would take the cash/coins but would not allow the selection to send a signal to the motors in order for them to dispense an item. I tried this method with a similar machine, i'd say a vendo single price with the same style motors (rotating 2 hole disc) but I was unable to get the selections to work. 

Archived