price for 4 used machines

I have found 2 Dixie Narco 501e machines, and 2 AP Snackshop 5000 machines. One Snackshop needs dba replaced, otherwise supposed to be in good condition. The seller is asking $1,500 for all. What do you feel is a fair price? I am interested in the drink machines, but have to buy as a package.

As much as I like the old AP machines, the 5000s are just too old with little or no parts support and no way to upgrade them.  The Dixies are probably worth the $,500 but I think I'd let him keep those snack machines.

I disagree. The 5000s can be made new looking with paint and new fronts then they can be validated and even upgraded with an aftermarket board. $1500 for all 4 could be a bargain if they're in good condition.

I disagree. The 5000s can be made new looking with paint and new fronts then they can be validated and even upgraded with an aftermarket board. $1500 for all 4 could be a bargain if they're in good condition.

I've never seen the tuff front kits for anything that old and the UCB only goes back to the 7600 series.  You'll note that VE has very few parts for the 4000 and 5000 series unless you're stocking them but it's still a thirty year old machine.

1500 is a good price, you can try and get him down a little, but if he wont budge I would just say go for it and pay the 1500!

Archived