code er-1 when columns are not jammed.

I have a vendo. The door tag says v480. But seems like a newer machine. The problem I have is , three of my columns have jammed column codes. But when I straighten them out and test vend them the disc stops in 3 spots on the disc but not in the notchs it is suppose to. So the code never goes away.

That would be caused by bad motor switches or broken wires to the switches, but my money would be on the switches themselves.  If the motor never stops when a switch arm is in a notch then you should always try a switch first.

PM me if you need switches.

I believe you have a 5.4 board and possibly a Vendo 511. If you remove the connector on the affected motor and then push the door switch that motor will or should run till it times out. About 3 revolutions. If it does replace the switch. If it don' t then you have a bad motor.  

Ok so I tried your advise . And got inconsistent results. I have 3 selections that were not working properly. Now I have 7 of 10. And one that is working correctly was not yesterday. I just picked up this machine. I checked it out where I got it and it was fine. I did encounter some rain on the way home but this unit is approved fpr outdoor use. Any thoughts.

It still can get wet. Water will do that. Need to open up let it dry out. Check the fuses. The fuse can and i have seen it where it wasn't blowen but wouldn't allow enough current through to allow motors to run. Water in mech or validator display can cause these things. Also unplug or replace the lights.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ok so I tried your advise . And got inconsistent results. I have 3 selections that were not working properly. Now I have 7 of 10. And one that is working correctly was not yesterday. I just picked up this machine. I checked it out where I got it and it was fine. I did encounter some rain on the way home but this unit is approved fpr outdoor use. Any thoughts.

If you moved it while it was laying down and it got rained on that way then you could have water where it should never be.  Open it and put a fan on it for a few days to dry out the electronics and harnesses.

Archived