Problem getting bill validator to work with Rowe 548

I have a Rowe 548 with a TRC6000 and a Mag50sa validator.  I can connect the bill validator to the machine's board and the coin mech works fine but I'm not getting any power to the bill validator.  Am i missing something?

What validator did you have in it before? The original was a CBA or UBA so it sounds like you have already had a newer validator in it before this. By the way, the 548s worked much better with 24v coin mechs.

You should have 2 cables one goes up to the board and a power cable that goes down and connects to a plug to get power.

The power harness should plug onto the 9 pin connector of the BA and the other end would be a 3 pin plug about 4 to 6 inches long.

Walta

Thank you for replying.

The machine had an UBA-2 when i bought it but it doesn't work. 

I have two of these machines and one came with an 8-pin connector that was plugged into the old bill acceptor.  I also have a cable from my other 548 that has 18-pin connector that plugs into the MAG50SA bill acceptor i bought for this machine.   The 3-pin coming from the machine was plugged into the old bill acceptor but the only other plug on the bill acceptor I'm trying to use is a 9-pin.  Is there an adapter for connecting these two cables?

post-4742-0-34562400-1434205400_thumb.jpg

post-4742-0-40539600-1434205409_thumb.jpg

post-4742-0-72200900-1434205413_thumb.jpg

You can't simply remove a CBA/UBA and plop in a Coinco.  There are separate conversion harnesses for both Coinco and Mars validators.  The Mars validator is much easier to fit into the machine as it has no control box to mount remotely.  Send me a PM if you want one sent to you.

That looks like ½ of the right harness.

You are missing the one with 2 wires that connect the 3 pin connector to the 9 pin in your photos.

Look around I am not sure if you can buy ½ a harness kit.

Walta

Archived