USI snack and satellite drink machine misvending

What model is it?  You probably need to reset the drop sensor to the factory default.  You can find the instructions for that in the service manual for the soda machine.  If this is an older red display unit then the drop sensor adjustment should be inside a metal cover in the front of the cabinet at the bottom.  There will be a round hole in the edge through which you can see the adjustment LED and find the tiny flat blade adjustment POT.  Turn the screw clockwise until the LED is lit steady, then back off the screw until the LED just goes out.  Now continue turning CCW 3 full turns.  At this point you can tap the delivery chute and see if the LED flashes at the same time.  If it does then begin testing your columns.  The rear corner columns give the least impact so you need to check them through at least 4 vends each. 

If you get more than one vend then adjust the screw 1/4 turn clockwise.  If you get a dry vend then turn it 1/4 turn counterclockwise.

But have you set it to the default that I described?  Is this done with a screw adjustment and LED like I described or through the programming by setting the sensitivity to 1 through 4?

The normal setting on the GVC board is dr3.  You might have the soda machine set to a default of SnAc.  Go to the can/bottle menu (CbS) by pressing the service mode and then 4 to see CbS on the display.  Then press 2 until you see ro-- where it asks for the row you want to select.  Press key 8 to select the can/bottle machine and then press 1 until the display shows CAn (don't leave it at SnAc).  Exit out of the menu and then go back into the CbS menu to set the individual selections to CAn or bott for all columns with CAn for any column with two products deep in it and bott for any with one product deep.  If this still doesn't help then make sure the machine is keeping the soda machine as CAn.  If the board won't do that then your logic board is bad.  If the board is still at CAn and the can/bottle settings are still correct then you may have a bad drop sensor. 

If the board is bad I can send you a replacement but there are two different logic boards, a blue one and a green one, so I'd need to know which one your machine has in it.

One other thing to check before doing the drop sensor is that both harnesses connecting your two cabinets together are intact and not damaged.  The 4 pin harness between the machines is part of the drop sensor harness so if it's damaged or unplugged that will be the problem  Other than that I will need the model number of the snack and the soda machines to determine which sensor you need.

Archived