who builds these machines

terry

It turns out it is a class 6 felony in the state of Arizona just to posses altered property. That makes both you and your esteemed dealer felons. There is a book out that claims on average each American commits 6 felonies every day that is one I would not have guessed.

--- Arizona ---

13-2306. Possession of altered property; classification

A. A person who is a dealer in property and recklessly possesses

property the permanent identifying features of which, including serial

numbers or labels, have been removed or in any fashion altered is

guilty of a class 6 felony.

Many other states have similar laws 

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/769537.html

Walta

I guess both of us will being to tent city :wacko:

Get written bill of sale, a copy of the seller’s driver’s license, and a photo of the seller next to the machine.  If the seller refuses they are surly stolen run like the wind.

Get written bill of sale, a copy of the seller’s driver’s license, and a photo of the seller next to the machine.  If the seller refuses they are surly stolen run like the wind.

Walta

It turns out it is a class 6 felony in the state of Arizona just to posses altered property. That makes both you and your esteemed dealer felons. There is a book out that claims on average each American commits 6 felonies every day that is one I would not have guessed.

--- Arizona ---

13-2306. Possession of altered property; classification

A. A person who is a dealer in property and recklessly possesses

property the permanent identifying features of which, including serial

numbers or labels, have been removed or in any fashion altered is

guilty of a class 6 felony.

Many other states have similar laws 

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/769537.html

Walta

Let's not forget that there are a of of ex- Coke machines out there that were legitimately sold by Coke bottlers to refurbishing companies that removed the serial number plates because it also said "Property of Coca Cola" on the same label.  You will also find this with ex-Pepsi and 7-Up machines.  A bill of sale will prove that you paid for the item in good faith but won't protect your asset if it is found to be a stolen item. at a later date.

Just use common sense when buying. If "lefty" wants to meet you in a back alley and keeps looking around like he is duck hunting when you are talking with him then move on. If they don't seem altered the guy has keys, he is meeting you and communicating like he has some sense then it should be fine. Try to get a bill of sale that matches and the drivers license matches the same person. I can tell you if a guy wanted a "copy" of my DL and me cheesing beside a machine I would tell him sorry no joy. Be glad to show him a DL with a picture that matches me and a bill of sale but that's it. To many identity thieves out there to be giving that kind of info out to some stranger. Or some idiot that is not "happy" with the machines because he is an "idiot" and expected the machines to be like new and he was to stupid to figure stuff out then my "copy" of my DL he took is posted all over the internet. No thanks!!

Bill of sale with a DL that the picture matches who is selling is enough for me. 

I guess both of us will being to tent city :wacko:

I will be right with you, I would say 75% plus of my soda machines are missing the serial number on the outside...

95% of my apartments that aren't caged are missing them.... people seem to destroy that part of the machine first

Archived