who builds these machines

terry

When things are priced to low there is a good chance you are dealing with stolen property.

Do they have the keys?

Ate the serial number tags missing?

Get written bill of sale, a copy of the seller’s driver’s license, and a photo of the seller next to the machine.  If the seller refuses they are surly stolen run like the wind.

Walta

When things are priced to low there is a good chance you are dealing with stolen property.

Do they have the keys?

Ate the serial number tags missing?

Get written bill of sale, a copy of the seller’s driver’s license, and a photo of the seller next to the machine.  If the seller refuses they are surly stolen run like the wind.

Walta

I come across machines with not serial tags quite often, 9 out of 10 times they are not stolen.

no I dont think they are stolen they are still at location I can get pair for $1000 just have to find away to get them can I lay them down or do they have to stand up rite 

no I dont think they are stolen they are still at location I can get pair for $1000 just have to find away to get them can I lay them down or do they have to stand up rite 

You should be able to lay down anything without a chill deck with no repercussions.  The snacks machines get much lighter when you pull the shelves out.  As far as the coffee, these are fairly complex and moving it upright might be safer.  While the snack machine can be used in any account and is probably worth the $1,000, the coffee machine is more of a specialty item that many accounts will not support or want.

the guy just put $1200 into coffee machine :)

I'm going to need truck with Hydraulic tailgate :huh:?

You should be able to lay down anything without a chill deck with no repercussions.  The snacks machines get much lighter when you pull the shelves out.  As far as the coffee, these are fairly complex and moving it upright might be safer.  While the snack machine can be used in any account and is probably worth the $1,000, the coffee machine is more of a specialty item that many accounts will not support or want.

Can I use the coin mech and stuff from coffee machine in another AP

To transport the coffee you need to drain the water tank from the valve at the bottom or at least drain water from the rinse hose until it stops flowing. Then you need to remove all the product canisters so they don't spill. The machine should be upright so water doesn't go everywhere inside.

You can use the coinage in other machines as long as they have a label saying that this model will work in that machine.

Laying the coffee machine down can only be done if water tank is completely drained. The rinse hose will only drain it down to the level of the water valves. Drain it from the bottom of the tank. If the owner has just put $1200 into this machine, it should be in A-1condition. Note that most 211 I have come across will only vend up to a 8 1/4 oz cup. My guess is that it may be worth $750.

I can't tell from the pictures but it appears that neither machine has a bill validator installed.

PHX1

How did you prove they are not stolen machines?

Give me 3 good reasons to remove the serial number if you are not trying to obscure a machines ownership.

Maybe someone is too lazy to paint around the label but that is not removed it is just covered.

Thieves and conmen always have good stories.

If it helps you sleep at night keep lying to yourself.

Walta

PHX1

How did you prove they are not stolen machines?

Give me 3 good reasons to remove the serial number if you are not trying to obscure a machines ownership.

Maybe someone is too lazy to paint around the label but that is not removed it is just covered.

Thieves and conmen always have good stories.

If it helps you sleep at night keep lying to yourself.

Walta

Im not sure why they have gotten removed, most of my machines come from a local company I have dealt with for many years. I am certain that they are not selling me stolen equipment because they do work for the local coke and pepsi bottler along with a hand full of the largest private companies in AZ. If its a machine on CL i look for tags some where else, and if I cant find them I will typically pass unless I personally know the seller.

Since you are doing regular business you should ask “why are the serial numbers missing” unless you are afraid to know the truth.

The bottler likely believes the machines were scraped and demands the plates as proof.

It would not be the first time bottlers had their equipment stolen and resold by a repair contractor with false claims of “not repairable”

In fact some bottlers have beaten down the repair charge to the point I cannot see how anyone could make a profit working for them.

The biggest and best thieves turn out to be the ones no one ever suspects.

Walta

No, azvendor says that a big refurb guy strips the plates off for some reason.

Phx is also in Phoenix so it's probably that same guy.

Yes sir, I have heard of many larger companies doing such things. I forgot who it was but I used to know an authorized refurbishing center that would assign new serial numbers all together, this way the refurbished machines come with new warranties and such.

Royal has one of 4 refurbishing centers right here in Glendale AZ.

Since you are doing regular business you should ask “why are the serial numbers missing” unless you are afraid to know the truth.

The bottler likely believes the machines were scraped and demands the plates as proof.

It would not be the first time bottlers had their equipment stolen and resold by a repair contractor with false claims of “not repairable”

In fact some bottlers have beaten down the repair charge to the point I cannot see how anyone could make a profit working for them.

The biggest and best thieves turn out to be the ones no one ever suspects.

Walta

As far as questioning who im buying my machines from, I will not do such a thing. Im not going to question a corporation that has been around for decades and works with the largest companies in AZ. If they ever do sell me a stolen machine, I will make sure they are on the hook for it.

It turns out it is a class 6 felony in the state of Arizona just to posses altered property. That makes both you and your esteemed dealer felons. There is a book out that claims on average each American commits 6 felonies every day that is one I would not have guessed.

--- Arizona ---

13-2306. Possession of altered property; classification

A. A person who is a dealer in property and recklessly possesses

property the permanent identifying features of which, including serial

numbers or labels, have been removed or in any fashion altered is

guilty of a class 6 felony.

Many other states have similar laws 

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/769537.html

Walta

It turns out it is a class 6 felony in the state of Arizona just to posses altered property. That makes both you and your esteemed dealer felons. There is a book out that claims on average each American commits 6 felonies every day that is one I would not have guessed.

--- Arizona ---

13-2306. Possession of altered property; classification

A. A person who is a dealer in property and recklessly possesses

property the permanent identifying features of which, including serial

numbers or labels, have been removed or in any fashion altered is

guilty of a class 6 felony.

Many other states have similar laws 

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/769537.html

Walta

Walta so lets say the guy I go meet for these machines has the keys the is a serial number tag is on them, how do I know if they are stolen or not??

Archived