Are these accounts big enough to place?

I have two potential accounts to place machines in so I'm trying to decide which is preferable.

1 - pipe manufacturing company with 35 employees no customer foot traffic 10 miles from my home.

2 - small machine parts manufacturing company. 16 employees. Customer traffic they claim ranges from 20 on a slow day to 80 on a fast day. 20 miles from my home.

I have 1 USI side by side machine in a slow location only generating $50/month in profit I could move.

Which account would you move the machine to? Choice 1 seems the preferable spot but I'd like to see if you all agree?

I have two potential accounts to place machines in so I'm trying to decide which is preferable.

1 - pipe manufacturing company with 35 employees no customer foot traffic 10 miles from my home.

2 - small machine parts manufacturing company. 16 employees. Customer traffic they claim ranges from 20 on a slow day to 80 on a fast day. 20 miles from my home.

I have 1 USI side by side machine in a slow location only generating $50/month in profit I could move.

Which account would you move the machine to? Choice 1 seems the preferable spot but I'd like to see if you all agree?

Number one for sure but you might offer the smaller one a soda machine only, a few guys in a blue collar place can go through a lot of sodas.

Now somewhat off topic, but without me looking around here and just asking while I've got you here... How do these accounts work? Does the business charge you x amount to place a machine at their place?

No you wont find any business that will pay you to place a machine in there business.

I think you read that wrong.  He's asking if he would have to pay a commission to any account he puts a machine into.  The answer is not if you don't want to pay it but then you might not get the location.  By the way, YOU determine what you will pay in commission, not the location.  Even if they think they know what they should get, you have the ultimate say in what you're willing to pay to have the account.  Smart vendors find ways to sell themselves and the service they provide without paying a commission, but many accounts can't be won with out a commission.

Now somewhat off topic, but without me looking around here and just asking while I've got you here... How do these accounts work? Does the business charge you x amount to place a machine at their place?

You'd never even consider paying a commission on an account with only 35 people.  Marginal accounts like this will never warrant any commission and if they insist on one, then you walk.

• 2 weeks later...

Not enough info.  Consider:

-Are either of these locations close to other accounts you're currently servicing?  Remember, gas and time are finite resources.

-Do either of these locations have convenience stores nearby?  Do either of them have a food truck come in?  With that few people, competition will be felt more.

-Are either of these locations in areas that would be a good fit for further expansion?  In other words, do they have neighbors that you can win?

All of these will factor into your decision of which one, if any, you should pursue.

Archived