prepped food?

TKK

So a hospital that wanted vending machines is on the line. Well the reason is a doctor wants to maybe put in his own. They said the only for sure way for me to get in would be to rent one of their spaces. Theres one in the main floor thats like 20x20 i think, they rent them for 1500 a month. He said theyd let me get it for half off 750 a month and that i can put vending machines in the hospital. Its a smaller 5 story one, with 180 employees and about 600 people who go in everyday. They used to have a restaurant there but he would sell bad food and got kicked out. Their hours are m-f 6 to 6. Sat 6 to 3. I was thinking of doing a kiosk type thing in that space, i could sell stuff like drinks, chips, snacks, dif pastries, cofee, maybe fruit. However i know in order to sell food you need permits. I was thinking of burritos on a hot table, maybe pre packaged nacho chips and have a cheese machine, tamales, maybe hot dogs. Im thinking like a small convenience store, then have an employee there accept credit cards etc. Then have 4 or 5 vending machines in the place. I think it would be a great investment since i already have most of the products. Even if i get the vending without it, what if someone opens another restaurant and makes all the sales. How can i sell pre packaged sandwhiches, burritos, tamales etc? Can i have my aunt make them? Do you need nutrition facts? Any of you guys doing this?

Every state is different in Kansas to make your own food you have to have several different licenses and you open your business up to the health inspectors. Gets very costly. Also just because you store food on premises you can have your facility inspected and have to follow local guidelines. So unless you are doing a lot of volume you won't find it cost effective. 

So a hospital that wanted vending machines is on the line....

Why don't you try talking to a few of the guys running the food trucks around here (we are in El Paso also, doing bulk only). They have the expertise to generate a decent restaurant experience out of small kitchen areas. You might consider subletting the restaurant space to one of them (maybe for 950 per month as example) and just doing the regular full line vending yourself.

Archived