GPL 159

Golfdogs

The main board went bad on this machine. It was free vending when I was notified and would either say 'bills only' or 'exact change' when I took it off of free vend. Regardless, I replaced the board with a known working one.

The issue is with my 'D' shelf. It has the motors paired for chip bags. However, the board I put in came from a machine that had the 'D' shelf as a candy tray. Therefore, only one motor is turning when I test vend a selection. Obviously, both motors turned with old board. Please advise!

PS are these board repairable?

Do you still have 10 motors on the D shelf and did the old board run two motors together?  This is what it sounds like when you say that now only one motor runs at a time (leaving the paired motor not running).  This is contrary to how the 159 Setup Guide says you have to pair the motors.  That manual says that to pair motors on a 159 you have to remove every other motor and then install dummy spiral hubs with idler gears between the hub and motor.  If you actually had two motors running together then you must have a later model of logic board or later software in it.  In that case, try transferring the old EPROM to the new board and see if the motor pairing moves with the EPROM.  You could also check the 157 programming guide for motor pairing instructions that might apply to your machine, but I'm not sure if they'll work.

The old board itself is repairable.  You can send it to me for repair if you'd like.

Do you still have 10 motors on the D shelf and did the old board run two motors together? This is what it sounds like when you say that now only one motor runs at a time (leaving the paired motor not running). This is contrary to how the 159 Setup Guide says you have to pair the motors. That manual says that to pair motors on a 159 you have to remove every other motor and then install dummy spiral hubs with idler gears between the hub and motor. If you actually had two motors running together then you must have a later model of logic board or later software in it. In that case, try transferring the old EPROM to the new board and see if the motor pairing moves with the EPROM. You could also check the 157 programming guide for motor pairing instructions that might apply to your machine, but I'm not sure if they'll work.

The old board itself is repairable. You can send it to me for repair if you'd like.

Yes, the D shelf has ten motors and the old board ran the two motors together. I guess I'll try replacing the eprom.

I've got two boards I could sent you.

Archived