Inone board drop sensor disabled due to blockage

Stengel

So I bought a AP 5500 that was updated with a new inone board and drop sensor. Everything worked fine when I bought it. I got it moved and on location and now it is saying there is a blockage and it's being disabled. I have no idea where to begin to try and find out why. I have turned it off and reseated some connections that are readily visible but that didn't fix anything. Does anyone have any experience with these or know how I could find some support paperwork or manuals? What would you do next?

Honestly, the drop sensor is not the end of the world if it doesn't work ever, but I don't want to let it go if there might be an easy fix.

Thank you!

You may have the drop sensors mounted to the delivery bin out of alignment.  When aligned there will probably be a lit LED on one end of the bin indicating that.  Usually the LED goes out when a product breaks the IR beam or the sensors are out of alignment.  If you need help with it call InOne and they can help you out.

what if that doesnt work? do they have to be perfectly lined up? no matter where i move them nothing really happens. is there something i am missing or is there possibly some damage somewhere? i dont even know where to begin.

It all depends on whether you want to take advantage of the system so that customers don't lose money on stuck products.  If you don't think that will be an issue then you can just disable it.

I had a similar issue today. The ribbon cable from the left side sensor got damaged. It's got pinched and tore the ribbon. The board then defaulted to stop the motors in the "home" position and I was not able to change it. Every time I changed it, it reverted back. The bad news is that InOne does not sell the ribbon as a replacement part. You need to by the whole sensor assembly. I think I am going to go without the sensors for a while to see what happens. New sensors are about $125

I've checked all the cables I could see for any possible damage and don't see any. But I do feel like there is a pinched cable somewhere. All of the cables with the in one board are so small and seem so frail. With they would have used better quality cable

Archived