I've lost my mojo!

caserri

Yep. As anyone who has been in this business for any length of time will tell you, sometimes the grind really gets to you. Thats what I'm feeling today. I just want to chuck all my locations! I'm tired and have no more motivation.

Feelings like this come and go. The last few years have seen many ups and downs. Its all very cyclical and it appears that I am on the downward side of it this time once again. ARGH!

My one optimistic outlook is that since this is cyclical, my up side is on the way.

Does anyone else out there get tired of vending? The day to day servicing, relocating and inventory runs? Am I alone? I would like to think that I am not.

Steve

Steve:

I call mine "being in the funk". Nothing is different than the day before, but it just seems like a total downer. Sometimes it lasts a day, sometimes longer. I used to be concerned that I was getting burned out. Just take inventory: list all the negatives, all the positives- then throw the list away and get back to work!

All the best,

Philo

OK folks, snap out of it!!! :cool:I'm cruzin right know. I was getting worried about all the issues on starting a Vend. Biz. I'm looking to do it on the UP and UP. And after days of driving from store to store it looks like I'm one of the very few in my town that cares to do it right so I'm really fired up. I really feel legitimate shops appreciate legitimate vendors (safety) lets people know your seriouse... So pep up folks I need you to keep posting so I can learn. I plan to be in business by Oct. 26,07. 

I just got my first 5 located yesterday, and I'm doing 5 more today.  I can see that the most challenging part of this business is going to be the constant relocating, especially if you are full time.  If you can find a cost effective solution for this, then you're golden!  My locator was able to find locations yesterday, but very few didn't already have machines.  The FL and NY markets are saturated!

RJ 

I dont understand steve. I have read alot of the posts here before i decided to reply. I read you have in the area of 650 machines. If you're like me and try to average 20.00 per machine a month ( which isnt alot to ask) thats $13,000 a month. Now granted you have to subtract gas and product and your charity out of that and I have no idea what you pay for any of these based on your routes but for sh*ts and giggles if your spending 6k on product and gas a mont for that your clearing 7k.

For a full time bulk vending route clearing 7k a month is great. ( at least i think so anyways) Imagine if you had 1000 machines or 1500 machines. Youd be clearing 10K and 12,000 a month or more respectively. ( give or take whatever your average is per machine).

yes the grind may get to you but for that kind of money i would say its worth it. Just my opinon.

Mike

Mike,

You are correct! I don't think I ever said it wasn't worth it. I do enjoy what I do. Sometimes though, like with everything in life, it gets to me. Don't ever let anyone tell you that vending is a passive form of income. I have worked harder at this than I have at just about any job I've had. The more machines I have the more work it is.

I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining. Just venting maybe. But the bottom line is everyone goes through ups and downs with their jobs whether they work for themselves or not. When I posted the original post, I was on a downward slope. Not the first time, not the last. I know this, it's what keeps me going.

I'm currently on my way back up and I'll be on top of the world again shortly. I hope you can relate.

Steve

i can absolutley relate. i am sure when i have as many machines as you do I will probobly go through many of the headaches you are currently experiencing. but to me anyways it beats having to put up with a boss or all the BS crap of a 9-5 job. Working hard for your own business success to me isnt bad. i welcome it. i would much rather put in all my effort to help make me money than make somebody else rich.

When i first got into vending i really didnt think much of it to be honest. My dad wanted to do it and I just went along with it and didnt pay much attention. Now i realize the potential this business can have so I am much more excitied about the possibilites and yes i understand what goes into becuase I have to move locations and deal with people calling me telling me they are out or the machine is jammed or they dont want it in thier business anymore but thats all part of it.

beats having some jerk breathe down you back from a 9-5'er.

Mike

Steve,

Wow! I thought it was just me. For the past few months I have been in a SLUMP!

Still in one....trying to dig myself out.......I have been selling off alot of old machines.

Im just going to downsize my inventory and focus on running the route i have before expanding.

I hope we both can pull through

shawn

Steve,

I believe we all go through these "phases" with any career/business/job if we are honest with ourselves.  I know I do with my career of 11 yrs.  That's why I have started vending on the side!  Sometimes I take a different route to my FT job just to break the routine. 

As you stated, you will see the sunny side again:cool: 

Ginger Vend

even a golpher day on my route is better than any day i ever had when i was working for someone. i finally got tired of having those days about 2 years ago. you just gotta keep going on those bad days and take it as a challenge. i have to push myself all of the time. i am lazy by nature (never missed one day of work for the man in 14 years) i just keep telling myself if im not growng, im dying. use those bad days to motivate yourself.

remember that you are in the best business there is.

• 3 years later...

Well it's been almost 4 years to the day and I'd just like to say...

I'm baaaaaack!

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

Well I just got into town About an hour ago. Took a look around, See which way the wind blow. Where the little girls In their Hollywood bungalows. Are you a lucky little lady In The City of Light. Or just another lost angel City of Night. City of Night.

L.A. Woman, L.A. Woman. L.A. Woman Sunday afternoon

Drive through your suburbs Into your blues. Into your blues, yeah. Into your blue-blue, blues. Into your blues, ohh, yeah. I see your hair is burning. Hills are filled with fire. If they say I never loved you, You know they are a liar. Driving down your freeways. Midnight alleys roam. Cops in cars, The topless bars. Never saw a woman, So alone, so alone, yeah. So alone, so alone. Motel, money, murder, madness, Change the mood from glad to sadness Mr. Mojo Risin'. Mr. Mojo Risin'. Mr. Mojo Risin'. Mr. Mojo Risin' Got to keep on risin'. Mr. Mojo Risin'. Mr. Mojo Risin'. Mojo Risin' Got the Mojo Risin' >Mr. Mojo Risin', Gotta keep on risin' Ridin', ridin'. Come on ride in, ride in. I'm gonna ride in, ride in. I gotta ride in, ride in. Well, ride in, ride in. Well, I just got into Town about an hour ago. Took a look around, See which way the wind blow. Where the little girls In their Hollywood bungalows. Are you a lucky little lady In the City of Light Or just another lost angel. City of Night. City of Night. City of Night. City of Night, whoa, come on. L.A. Woman, L.A. Woman.

this song will get your mojo risin for sure!

Archived